Pico Reef Tank Build Thread - Lifegard 3.8

@kiswanson - you're tank is coming along nicely! These little Lifegard tanks are the best.

Makes me want to update my build thread. I probably should.
 

Lol, I am currently cycling my first saltwater tank. I'll have to get a bit further down the road with that build before I can do more then daydream about my 2nd saltwater tank. Plus I will need to convince The Wife that its a good idea :P
 
Lol, I am currently cycling my first saltwater tank. I'll have to get a bit further down the road with that build before I can do more then daydream about my 2nd saltwater tank. Plus I will need to convince The Wife that its a good idea :p

I hear ya. Don't be put off or scared off by the notion that little tanks are harder to keep. In my experience, It's actually been easier to maintain. As long as your husbandry is in line, the tank will mature and cruise.
 
I am new to salt water tanks, haven’t built one yet. I have a lot of fresh water and aquascaping experience. Been dreaming of trying a pico tank for years and this thread is really making me want to try. Just have so many practical questions! You’ve built such a beautiful tank
 
60906CF9-EF4D-45DC-84D3-E78697E02860.jpeg
 
Two questions:

How are you feeling about the tank itsself overall now that you've had it a while? While I love my jar and canister filter for it's interesting look, I can't help but consider this just to simplify things.

Where did you get your gorgeous RFAs?
 
Two questions:

How are you feeling about the tank itsself overall now that you've had it a while? While I love my jar and canister filter for it's interesting look, I can't help but consider this just to simplify things.

Where did you get your gorgeous RFAs?
I really like the tank. I would definitely recommend it. I did upgrade the pump and the media basket (I have what I changed earlier in the thread). I like the all in one back chamber which makes it super easy to remove and replace filter floss every few days (and I dislike canister filters which I never opened up to clean as often as I should). It’s a very nice little aquarium.

The rock flower anemones come from my LFSs. America Aquaria in Brookfield and Best Fish in Milwaukee
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top