Raising Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya, next step, pt1

Ok, I'm sometimes talking about cat litter trickle filter. Here's pictures, there's also 5 gallon bucket under it submerged also hole on bottom of it. That's DSB, . I haven't touched refugium since day one. 1/2hp chiller , zeovit filter, haven't touched.

20180805_092454.jpg


20180805_092528.jpg


20180805_092535.jpg


20180805_092542.jpg
 
Open an account with wholesale vendor that buys from Cairns Marine. They got a shipment from them today, tomorrow I'll get stock list. Maybe some dendronephthya, if not, hopefully soon.
 
Open an account with wholesale vendor that buys from Cairns Marine. They got a shipment from them today, tomorrow I'll get stock list. Maybe some dendronephthya, if not, hopefully soon.
Good luck!
 
Ok, so in California, to the best of my knowledge the big six of wholesalers are:

Sea Dwelling Creatures-order from Cairns Marine
Underwater World- order from Cairns Marine?
Quality Marine-?
Exotic Reef Imports-?
Renaissance Aquatics-?
Pacific Island Imports-?


Any wholesalers in Los Angeles, I'm missing? Let me know
 
Last edited:
We got lucky. Two Dendronephthya arrived today. Hope you find some too soon!

I only put them into the frag tank today. Maybe will hang then up tomorrow next to the Scleronephthyas, we'll see.

This is what they looked like five minutes after they arrived
IMG_6008.JPG
IMG_6009.JPG
 
We got lucky. Two Dendronephthya arrived today. Hope you find some too soon!

I only put them into the frag tank today. Maybe will hang then up tomorrow next to the Scleronephthyas, we'll see.

This is what they looked like five minutes after they arrived
IMG_6008.JPG
IMG_6009.JPG
Wow, awsome.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top