Not much to update over the last day. Played around with the light mounts that came with this deluxe version, and I have to say I’m impressed. Specifically for a couple reasons.
First and foremost, they are a rigid, fixed height mount. No messing around with goosenecks trying to get the correct height, and your limited to one height. Some people may disagree with my opinion of this, but let’s be honest. This is Red Sea we’re talking about. They’ve done the research to find out what height is optimal for the lights to hang above water height.
Second, the build quality is second to none, and it was a super easy install.
Third, Red Sea finally got the hint and stopped drilling the tanks. I remember seeing posts of people getting their tanks, just to be disappointed when they came drilled or plugged, no matter if they got the deluxe version or not. I’m not sure if this was only limited to certain sized tanks or not, but it appears they redesigned the mounts to function without holes drilled into the tank.
Last, I love how the mounts can be pivoted upwards for water changes/DT maintenance.
Things I don’t like:
I purchased the white cabinet. I wish they made a silver/white mount and gave you the white hydras to match the cabinet.
They did an ok attempt to hide the wiring through the mount, but instead of it going all the way through and out the back, it just comes out the top and spills over the back of the mount.