Red Sea Reefer 525 XL Build

Plumbing has started!
26ea5408c1bf707e9c9f578eb8465f1a.jpg
394730d7269acfe803ad95808f39cb89.jpg
a049c500364ed94d470bb50bef921024.jpg
a761121633660700844f1def87d1d96a.jpg
c0ed4b95afd33cf646081ca99e962bf1.jpg
97dcdd52ec83c7d6378ef10609320dbf.jpg
d7c13817d471087348c1b85b7d3d3560.jpg
d777315b7e1f5da9ffa300dd49a10d62.jpg
416d85c7af7d68aa1e34e05a6b73d4a4.jpg
de6b36931749beafef42f9b9271fd8a3.jpg
 
First section of plumbing secured.
c2becf7d0e4d59ecbef3c684baa65e67.jpg

Manifold section for BRS carbon reactor.
f314684e89960df4746bab5c40b926a1.jpg
 
Very nice ... I just finished my 525XL and filled water last Sunday ... Good luck ! Tagging along ...
 
Manifold is done! Second ball valve is TBD but more than likely will support the ATO converted regugium.
c31886ea243f716cd857361a69884453.jpg

Osmolator is in and just need some command strips to mange all the wires and return water line.
2c9bca283ef136988a95db17cf9bb30d.jpg

Lights are installed on the mounts! Will probably hook up power and test them out later tonight or tomorrow.
03fbb1ca33e556b3b1c367d8c77a827f.jpg

Decided to go with a 3/4” loc-line for the return nozzle. Purchased the adapter from vivid creative aquatics.
268a9a582b93b4495d9428302495a3cf.jpg
5d09ee72c8de2b6e27b06a8dcf87ddfa.jpg
 
2 tips... Replace the braided clear tubing with silicone tubing from BRS. It will help to stop transmitting vibration and noise. Your call on the next... put a union in the upper top blue PVC between the 2 ball valves. It will help later down the road when you have to clean the tubes. There is usually some yellow gunk that clings to the pipes after about 6+ months or so. With all the bends you have you won't be able to get a pipe cleaning brush in there. Nice job you are doing with this tank.
 
2 tips... Replace the braided clear tubing with silicone tubing from BRS. It will help to stop transmitting vibration and noise. Your call on the next... put a union in the upper top blue PVC between the 2 ball valves. It will help later down the road when you have to clean the tubes. There is usually some yellow gunk that clings to the pipes after about 6+ months or so. With all the bends you have you won't be able to get a pipe cleaning brush in there. Nice job you are doing with this tank.
Thanks for the tips! At this point, everything is all glued together but I will keep an ear open to the manifold and if it starts getting loud. Replacing with silicone tubing will be an easy fix if need be!

For the union, I actually had one and was going to install it in the exact location you mentioned, between the 2 T's. Unfortunately with how wise unions are, it pushed the manifold so far off the wall that I was not able to secure it with the PVC clamp. So I decided to ditch it and go with the straight pipe. Cleaning will not be fun, but I'm sure with more knowledge I'll gain and time, the manifold will change. Relatively cheap to create a new one in the scheme of things.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top