Red spot on Bangaii in QT

White stringy poop tells me you need to feed metroplex and focus (focus binds it together) both by seachem to frozen foods for at least ten days -- but if the fish isn't eating at this point it may be too late. You could try metro in the water..
 
Yes 10 gallon QT with a Chromis i bought at the same time
When dosing meds remember a 10 gal tank really only holds about8.5 gals of water depending on your qt set up. So when dosing meds you need to compensate for this. I also had a banggai die in qt recently after going through copper and then prazipro. I dosed accordingly for 8.5 gals of water and my banggai also really slowed down on eating. I personally would not have used gc just because the fish wasn't eating and know he's getting dosed with 2 meds. I'm not saying that's the problem but I would get him out of the meds and try to spot feed him get the food in front of him see if he will start eating and them feed him metroplex soaked with focus to take care of the internal parisites
 
If a fish with internal parasites won't eat, the only thing you can do is dose the water and hope for the best.

You could try offering different foods to try to get a feeding response, like live worms. Once he starts eating again, you'll want to soak his food in the general cure or metroplex with focus to bind it.
 
Unfortunately he died over night. Sucks, second Bangaii that hasn't made it despite my best intentions. The wife really likes them so I guess I'll have to try another one at some point. Thanks everyone for your help
 
Unfortunately he died over night. Sucks, second Bangaii that hasn't made it despite my best intentions. The wife really likes them so I guess I'll have to try another one at some point. Thanks everyone for your help
sorru to hear he died.
Try this on the next qt , measure your water volume in the tank, ( like I said previously my 10 gal qt holds 8.5 gallons of water) purchase 3 banggais. once acclimated and in the tank I dose seachem stress gaurd every day for 3-5 days until the fish are calm and unstressed and most importantly eating aggressively. If you have 3 banggais in the tank if one of them starts eating it triggers the others to also feed (I feed frozen brine soaked in Selcon and a few drops of garlic). Once there feeding for a few days if there is no other signs of a more serious problem (ick,velvet,etc) dose prazipro at 0.246 mls per gallon of water, go to your local pharmacy and get a 1 ml dosing syringe, so the math is this 0.246 x water volume = amout to be dosed.
On my qt 0.246 x 8.5 = 2.09 mls add half dose to tank wait a few hrs add other half.
Hikari recommends 5-7 days in prazipro ,Most people say Fish only need to be in prazipro for 24 hrs but what I do is let them stay in for 3 days then I do a 1 gallon WC on day 4 and a 2 gallon on day 5 then redose prazipro after WC on day 5. Let them stay in this dose 3 days and repeat WC as mentioned above.
If you notice any white stringy poop during treatment don't worry about it and change meds you simple can add metroplex mixed with focus and soak food in this and feed 2x a day or simply wait til your done treating with prazipro and then treat. Honestly imo the only time I would stop a treatment is if the fish is under heavy stress or if during the treatment ick or velvet starts up then I would do a large WC and get copper in the tank asap. Good luck hope your wife gets her banggai in your DT.
PS after qt if all 3 fish survive and you don't want 3 banggais pick the two that seem to hang out closest to each other and add them to your DT and give a friend the other one or return it to your Lfs. Banggais can be sexed there's info on google it's a whole other write up or I would tell ya how to do it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top