REEF TANGS! How many tangs do you have in your reef?

How many tangs (surgeonfish) do you have in your reef tank?

  • 0

    Votes: 419 25.8%
  • 1

    Votes: 340 20.9%
  • 2

    Votes: 284 17.5%
  • 3

    Votes: 220 13.5%
  • 4

    Votes: 117 7.2%
  • 5+

    Votes: 235 14.5%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 9 0.6%

  • Total voters
    1,624
I have two in my 125 gallon display tank. I have a hippo tang and a yellow. They are so fat they just make me happy watching them. My yellow tang is a bit of a bully and tries to run the tank but one day the hippo tang will be bigger and there will be a new sheriff in town. LOL

4E6E1D7D-0D8D-4EA7-9900-3579C8A5F4A1.jpeg
 
I don’t have any yet. Was going to buy a yellow before the price skyrocketed in my 120 but thought my tank could be more mature. Need to research more to find some that aren’t going to get massive. I like yellow, yellow shoulder, powder blue, purple,kole tang and a few more. Likely waiting for my goby and shrimp pair then maybe one will be next
 
Desjardini, Purple, Achilles, Powder Blue and a 2 Spot Bristletooth. Bunch of pigs! Not a tang but there’s a Foxface in the mix as well
 

Attachments

  • 2438798D-A7BB-48F2-B308-56E8F1BA0DE1.jpeg
    2438798D-A7BB-48F2-B308-56E8F1BA0DE1.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 90
I'm a sucker for tangs. Always have been and always will be. But we are limited in how many and what types we house in our reefs by tanks sizes, other inhabitants etc. But that won't keep us from talking about them today! :)

1. How many tangs (surgeonfish) do you have in your reef tank now?

2. What tangs do you have and if you're comfortable with it tell us what size tank you have?



image via @vetteguy53081
tang.jpeg
 
6 in a 155 bowfront

hierarchy:
Powder Brown 4”
Salfin 3”
Purple 3”
Orange shoulder 3”
Lavender 2.5”
Hippo

When i started i loved clowns, anemones, dragonets and mandarins

i upgraded to this this baby and now i love tangs!! I always wanted one and then i went tang crazy as you can see! I want more but i dont know if i can lol

75 gal sump but i already have about at least 20 fish

i want a yellow tang, a gem, unicorn and achilles
 
I currently have a powder brown and a sailfin in a 180. Would love to add a Red Sea desjardini if I knew it would get along with my sailfin. Anyone have that pair in their tank?
 
We have 4...

Yellow, Purple, Hippo, and King of the Tank - Sailfin..

My daughter (3) picked out the sailfin and named him Charlie. She can hand feed him. We have had all four tangs for almost two years now. The are all fat and healthy and get along. Not my first Tang rodeo, I put them in almost all at the same time except the Purple.

Tank - Reefer 525XL
 
Achilles, hybrid Achilles, yellow, blonde naso, hippo and maculiceps tang. So 6 tangs :) 210 gallon custom tank. And a gem tang in the 85 gallon in the corner. He's the only tang in that tank.

2131EA10-439C-4131-BCCA-718E05048AFF.jpeg
 
I'm a sucker for tangs. Always have been and always will be. But we are limited in how many and what types we house in our reefs by tanks sizes, other inhabitants etc. But that won't keep us from talking about them today! :)

1. How many tangs (surgeonfish) do you have in your reef tank now?

2. What tangs do you have and if you're comfortable with it tell us what size tank you have?



image via @vetteguy53081
tang.jpeg
One yellow, one hippo, one sailfin (each about 3") in 125 gal reef
 
We have 4...

Yellow, Purple, Hippo, and King of the Tank - Sailfin..

My daughter (3) picked out the sailfin and named him Charlie. She can hand feed him. We have had all four tangs for almost two years now. The are all fat and healthy and get along. Not my first Tang rodeo, I put them in almost all at the same time except the Purple.

Tank - Reefer 525XL
Not to go tang FBI on you haha but do you plan on rehoming or resizing your tank later ? Sailfin and Hippo will outgrow that tank eventually . The sailfin sooner then later they get massive haha

I know because I have the same tank 525xl . I only have one tang currently a Tomini Tang . I was thinking of adding a yellow or purple but have been hesitant due to my tank size and possible fighting with an established Tomini tang ... Thoughts ?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top