Sharkbait’s 40 Breeder Upgrade

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it!

I definitely had a general idea of what kind of scape I wanted for the tank, but I wound up ordering the dry rock online, so I wasn’t sure what exactly I would be working with. It wound up coming out ten times better than I would have ever expected though!!
 
Looking good! Glad everyone is behaving so far
new girl fist bump GIF
 
Ricordeas are definitely on my want list!!!!
gerry dee cbc GIF by Mr. D
I’ve been afraid to add them for a while because my first try at shrooms over a year ago went very poorly. I saw them today and figured, why not, they are too good looking!
 
Love my ricordea and looks very similar to yours did we just becime ricordea brothers lol....
 

Attachments

  • 20220510_122106.jpg
    20220510_122106.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 55
  • did-we-just-become-best-friends-did-we-just-become-best-friends-meme.gif
    did-we-just-become-best-friends-did-we-just-become-best-friends-meme.gif
    2 MB · Views: 55
I’ve been afraid to add them for a while because my first try at shrooms over a year ago went very poorly. I saw them today and figured, why not, they are too good looking!
You got this!
 
I’ve been afraid to add them for a while because my first try at shrooms over a year ago went very poorly. I saw them today and figured, why not, they are too good looking!
They are very nicely colored. I currently have issues with zoa.
 
They are very nicely colored. I currently have issues with zoa.
It really sucks when the ones that are supposed to be super easy give lots of trouble.
Hope the issue fixes itself!
 
Good Luck!
Florida mushrooms are an easier mushroom to keep, IME the discos mushrooms aren’t as easy to keep. I think Rhodactis is a moderate mushroom personally.
 
Update: Only slightly over a week later, the algae grew back and smothered everything, likely due to the crazy high phosphates in my tank. I bought phosphate remover for my filter, and will monitor the parameters. Hopefully they go down and I can get algae under control.
Luxo is back to being a bully, but hasn’t done anything awful yet. She defends her torch coral with her life, and bites my hand a lot! During today’s water change, I actually had to remove her because she was preventing me from cleaning anything!
I may have to put a divider up in the QT tank. The orange spot blenny has become rather territorial towards the tankmates, and is really going after the kamohara blenny.
Some photos:
3262C8B3-C914-4A2B-BB35-2AFFE8B627E4.jpeg
2DE19BD7-918B-4745-8915-FF6BC17ABB98.jpeg
5FFC5567-505D-4878-AB0E-6622BD4849CB.jpeg
96C51C31-ED27-49BD-BAD5-D95DFA5103EA.jpeg
F22969A5-ADE1-477A-838B-7B1C0370EC68.jpeg
C1E05BE2-BC73-464A-BA50-C7BD8E2499A2.jpeg
098897CC-67F8-4EDB-BDBF-1613C820CE68.jpeg
5EE0F455-A20B-4C90-B6F5-129C60894AD2.jpeg
35335CFE-F581-408A-A990-50626C6307C1.jpeg
255F9D49-3D29-44BE-B025-FB343AE75BC3.jpeg
9052A969-46D1-4228-AA0A-B496F44D8300.jpeg
 
I actually just fed my ricordia today and man was it super happy after (used benepets) have you spot fed your ricordias yet? How did they react?
 
I actually just fed my ricordia today and man was it super happy after (used benepets) have you spot fed your ricordias yet? How did they react?
I spot fed my ricordias for the first time on Sunday with reefroids. They seemed to react very well, opening up more and looking much more colorful and expanded!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top