Show off those great CUBE TANK AQUASCAPES!

I just finished my aquascape for my 20gal nano cube and I used this thread as inspiration to build my own :) I feel like this has height, depth, and interesting focal points. Let me know what you think!

IMG_3102.jpg
Great job!
 
Here's my first attempt for my Red Sea Max Nano 20g. I'm quite please with it, what do you think guys :)
Its quite skinny so there is plenty of room for the fish to explore front and back


tank.jpg
 
(Not a true cube) 48x48x24. I am enjoying this tank as its hitting it's groove and the LPS and SPS are growing.
 

Attachments

  • 20220303_165654.mp4
    19.2 MB
  • 20220603_122740.jpg
    20220603_122740.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 151
I’ll play ball

This was from a past setup of mine, I’m planning to do a similar structure in my new build. Just need to finish putting a few more coats of Polyurethane inside the stand & add another coat of stain on the outside and it should be ready hopefully by mid day Friday. I will be writing up a build thread fairly soon if anyone wants to tag along & watch the progression !
D76D0CFB-82C4-40F6-9455-CC438625028B.jpeg

73EB1B63-4995-457D-8050-89F0C6E9376F.jpeg
 
Can we bump this thread? Wanna see what some of you did in particular with a center overflow.
 
Can we bump this thread? Wanna see what some of you did in particular with a center overflow.
This is what I came up for my new build. Center overflow & fairly similar to my last scape. Still going to make a small structure in the right corner but for now I’m letting things settle in :)
image.jpg
 
I really like your aquascape.
Thanks , I’m trying to leave it but my side view on the couch is odd so I’m not 100%, really built it just concerning the front view.

the nem in that pic is no longer in the return nozzle :) did a water change and he finally came off when I grabbed him, and my corals are so much happier now. Everything has looked off, now they are all bubbles up again and torches have really good extension
 
Tell me about what you see with problem flow areas, if any
In my last build I had no dead zones, with this one I seem to have a very small area underneath the right side pump, it creates a small vortex though so everything just kinda makes its way over there and spins around. I might leave it how it is since that would probably make maintenance a lot easier during WC with just one area of detritus collection. I’ll let you know how its working out in a few weeks or so. Updated Aquascape a tad, this will be the final setup. Maybe I’ll move the structure to the left a bit so I can view the right side rocks from front angle but the conch shell will be moved to said corner to allow for a Goni on the sand.
36B85021-3D02-4432-BFFE-B4099A295FC8.jpeg

image.jpg
 
240 rimless cube
Blast from the past! This is my tank that ran from around 2004 through 2008 before it came down. Getting back in the hobby again and going to be replicating this asap.
 
I've just set up a 40g aio cube. I made the tank with 3/8" glass and Tenacor did the insert and it's perfect. It was a custom build and it fit fit like a glove. We made it so there was room for a 4" filter sock and a 900gph return pump. There is also room between the sock and the pump for a Tunze in-tank skimmer and a heater.

I put sand and water in yesterday afternoon and started the pump. I'm running it slow as I'm waiting for lockline parts to be delivered (hopefully Friday).

Now I'm working on rockscape and I'm open to ideas. I drill my rocks with holes big enough to fit frag plugs. If the holes don't get used, they basically disappear from view in a couple of months. I also have plastic rods I can use to create stacks of rock.

Given the tank is 2'x2'x2' (with 5" off the back for the Tenacor insert), I want rocks tall enough to make the tank look full. I intend this tank to be mostly lps and sps coral with some zoas. Also lots of invert critters but very, very few fish.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top