Show off those great CUBE TANK AQUASCAPES!

Pretty happy with how my cube is turning out! Filling in with coral nicely I think.
 

Attachments

  • 20210911_110533.jpg
    20210911_110533.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 20210911_110544.jpg
    20210911_110544.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 333
Let's see your favorite cube tank aquascapes! This could be your tank, a friend's, or just a favorite you saw somewhere that was inspirational. This thread will give cube owners inspiration for great scapes!

Here are a few I found inspirational to get us started.

3.jpg


4.jpg


5.jpg
 
Hier is mine. Started up today, don't know what to think about my scape. It's my first reef tank. Still cloudy buy any critical opinions and ideas are welcomed.
 

Attachments

  • 20211228_215631.mp4
    22.7 MB
  • 20211228_215610.jpg
    20211228_215610.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 144
OK, so I rockscaped my brand new 24g AIO back in March. I then started reading how to aquascape nano cubes and realized I made lots of mistakes. One of the things I didn't like was how big my rock bases were.
20210711_130217.jpg

So I decided to re-do almost everything. I didn't want to go through a mini-cycle so I designed my new rockscape outside of the DT and then let the new rocks soak in in a 10g tank with water discarded from the DT water changes. I also included the dirty filter floss and sponge filters from the DT along with a bag of GFO and a circulation pump and heater.
20211103_201810.jpg

20211120_183043.jpg

So I let the rock soak for about 3 months and yesterday I put on the finishing touches and put the new rockscape in the DT.
20220130_130306.jpg

20220130_130317.jpg

20220130_130328.jpg


Two questions: Thoughts and impressions? Recommendations for softies and perhaps some plating sps?
 
Last edited:
OK, so I rockscaped my brand new 24g AIO back in March. I then started reading how to aquascape nano cubes and realized I made lots of mistakes. One of the things I didn't like was how big my rock bases were.
20210711_130217.jpg

So I decided to re-do almost everything. I didn't want to go through a mini-cycle so I designed my new rockscape outside of the DT and then let the new rocks soak in in a 10g tank with water discarded from the DT water changes. I also included the dirty filter floss and sponge filters from the DT along with a bag of GFO and a circulation pump and heater.
20211103_201810.jpg

20211120_183043.jpg

So I let the rock soak for about 3 months and yesterday I put on the finishing touches and put the new rockscape in the DT.
20220130_130306.jpg

20220130_130317.jpg

20220130_130328.jpg


Two questions: Thoughts and impressions? Recommendations for softies and perhaps some plating sps?
Much prefer the new scape over the old blockyness!

As for recommendations: zoas, lots of zoas, some mushrooms. You've got a good amount of sand space, maybe a lobophyllia or trachy.
 
What else could I squeeze in frag wise that will make it pop with color? I'm finally at the point of just letting everything take over now :)
 

Attachments

  • 20220226_175136.jpg
    20220226_175136.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 117
looks amazing! congrats

Is there something bracing the structure up top?
Thanks! Just rocks bracing it. It’s kind of hooking the rim of the tank so it won’t collapse. Rest is just basic coral gel clue + accel.
what a cool idea! very different from what ive seen. gives me ideas for the cube my wife doesnt know is going to get set up....... lol
lol
 
My 3 month old reefer 200xl
 

Attachments

  • 350FCD1A-FF26-4BE2-B250-D04120B7F78A.jpeg
    350FCD1A-FF26-4BE2-B250-D04120B7F78A.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 152
  • ECCC1738-45F6-41E2-BB57-4AFFECEE9C62.jpeg
    ECCC1738-45F6-41E2-BB57-4AFFECEE9C62.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 92630A54-D157-4BB3-98EC-EF2B9CCB1F6F.jpeg
    92630A54-D157-4BB3-98EC-EF2B9CCB1F6F.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 179
Let's see your favorite cube tank aquascapes! This could be your tank, a friend's, or just a favorite you saw somewhere that was inspirational. This thread will give cube owners inspiration for great scapes!

Here are a few I found inspirational to get us started.

3.jpg


4.jpg


5.jpg
I just finished my aquascape for my 20gal nano cube and I used this thread as inspiration to build my own :) I feel like this has height, depth, and interesting focal points. Let me know what you think!

IMG_3102.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top