Sirius' Rimless Shallow Mixed Reef (Singapore)

With the year end/ anniversary promotion by Reef Depot (distributor of several brands in Singapore) , I decided to take the plunge and invest in a few new toys too. [emoji38]

Got them all over the last weekend.

66ac173df48cc4a8abb2ca734a0f5dfd.jpg


2f8b7d994f6db3f77248cd527939b7eb.jpg


I also decided to change out my 3 marine pure blocks and try out this product from Maxspect. Have read some good reviews about it and I hope I get good results as well!

c9e4136350406e8603b32e76eba0656e.jpg


The Nero5 is also one really cool toy. Plug and play all so easy with the existing My AI app running the Hydra52HDs.

60fae95d1cdb7f5f339850536d21f703.jpg
 
Now on to the topic most reefers are interested in: the livestock.

I’ve had to battle with several issues over the last couple of months which were quite demoralising.

Firstly, on livestock, I lost my Gem Tang about 2 months after I got it. Bought the beauty in the first week of August and it was one day in early October when I realised something was wrong when it wasn’t able to eat properly. The gem tang could not “catch” the food that it was aiming to eat, I realised its stomach looked a little shrunken and by the next day I could not find it anywhere in my tank.

Here’s a remembrance shot. I realised I never really took pictures of him while he was with me and u only get to regret it after they are gone.

caae9eda4df8ca663960afd13d967d42.jpg


I also lost a lineatus fairy wrasse after a month of constant bullying by my powder blue tang. The PBT has slowly but surely established itself as the biggest bully on the block and I also attribute the Gem Tang’s demise to constant harassment by the PBT as well.

On the coral front, I had worse ordeals with acropora. While it is embarrassing for most reefers to admit, and without revealing it yet, I reckon most of you will be able to hazard a guess what happened? [emoji28]
 
Now on to the topic most reefers are interested in: the livestock.

I’ve had to battle with several issues over the last couple of months which were quite demoralising.

Firstly, on livestock, I lost my Gem Tang about 2 months after I got it. Bought the beauty in the first week of August and it was one day in early October when I realised something was wrong when it wasn’t able to eat properly. The gem tang could not “catch” the food that it was aiming to eat, I realised its stomach looked a little shrunken and by the next day I could not find it anywhere in my tank.

Here’s a remembrance shot. I realised I never really took pictures of him while he was with me and u only get to regret it after they are gone.

caae9eda4df8ca663960afd13d967d42.jpg


I also lost a lineatus fairy wrasse after a month of constant bullying by my powder blue tang. The PBT has slowly but surely established itself as the biggest bully on the block and I also attribute the Gem Tang’s demise to constant harassment by the PBT as well.

On the coral front, I had worse ordeals with acropora. While it is embarrassing for most reefers to admit, and without revealing it yet, I reckon most of you will be able to hazard a guess what happened? [emoji28]

Lots of news in short time, @Sirius27 LOL

Sorry about the loss of the tang and wrasse. Those were 2 very cool fish. I would have sent that PBT out of the tank already. They are known to bully, especially with newcomers.

About the guessing game...
Giesemann: due to the size, I guess it is a LED fixture... Pulzar?
Coral front... flatworms?

Please let us know what you think about the Nero 5. Does it really move as much water as they say? And would you compare it with an MP40?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top