SPS Spotlight: Garf Bonsai (show yours off)

i've had mine for 11 months. started as the size of a lemon and now about the size of a grapefruit. (don't know why it won't go upright, sorry about that)
IMG_0614.jpg
 
Juicy photo Gabe! What a great coral!

Thanks. :) It's a must have classic IMO!

I'm not sure if this is a true garf or not since I didn't get it straight from garf but I acquired it as one. I've had other bonsai and tricolor acros and this one stands out from the others.
 
Your right. There are a bunch of bonsai's all around because a lot are maricultured. Iv'e had a couple my self and the Garf seems to "glow" every time. I had a maricultured one that I couldn't color up if my life depended on it...LOL. Whats crazy and unique about the Garf and similar strains is the constancy to base out way more than other SPS. I had my Garf base out the size of a coaster before it ever started to grow branching corallites.
 
I actually have a couple. The larger of the two I purchased not knowing what it was. It was totally browned out when I picked it up and had only a hint of the signature yellow polyps. I would say that I lucked out on that one.

20140910_211908.jpg


My second was purchased from a local reef club member. It has really begun to take off after encrusting everything below it like this particular coral is known to do.

20140910_211922.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top