Tahoe's 30 JBJ rimless nano.

Looking good!

Thank you. :-)

Does the Tunze 9004 fit your tank? It's what I use on an IM 30L and it does really good. You might look into a HOB too.

Yeah I just looked at the specks and it would fit. I think I am just having skimmer envy, it takes days for mine to produce a decent amount of skim, but I have had an extremely low bioload until just recently.

Does your 9004 produce a lot of skim?
 
LOL, well I will get right on that. :eek:

:p

Added a Yellow Tail Damsel, they are my favorite damsel.

Awaiting one more clown from Ibluewater.

It's probably been 10 years since I have had so many fish. Nice change of scenery though. Sticks do not add a lot of movement.

SG; 1.025 Tunze ATO 3152
Alk: 9
Ca: 450
Mag: 1350 too low for my liking.
Temp 76: as of this am, got to put the heater back in.
Have not tested for N/P in a while, will probably do that. New tank algae issues resolving.
Added 4 Devil Peppermints, feed fish, feed Aiptasia. :mad:

Thanks for checking in. ;)
 
Sure anytime ... I think you had a splathulata listed . How's it doing . I am tempted to try that one if I can source one .
I also wouldn't mind getting another acropora abrolhosensis ,the red green variety . They are uber hard to keep and the later one I tried in the past didn't make it . Thanks for the link to the bucket . Gonna look around to see what you are hoarding ...LOL
 
I have two spath, they are tough no doubt, high intermittent flow and intense lighting. They are a lot like acropora abrolhosensis, not the easiest acropora by long shoot. I am scared to try another acropora abrolhosensis, love the look intensely.

ReefCorner offers a lot of nice Spath, and Prostrata, you can find some real gems there is you look frequently.

:-)
 
Looks great Tahoe! I can't wait to see this fill in more. I've also decided to go with more fish than I have in the past. It's nice to see all the activity in the reef.
 
Looks great!
 
Looks great Tahoe! I can't wait to see this fill in more. I've also decided to go with more fish than I have in the past. It's nice to see all the activity in the reef.


Yup fish have been a nice change. Feeding corals is much easier though.

I have followed your builds on other forums, nice to see a new one. :)
Looks great!

Thanks very much Rev. :)


 
Last edited:
I will do a totally SPS tank someday but with full Zeovit system. Have you thought about Zeovit?

Yes I really appreciate the pastel colors of zeovit. I use Sponge Power and the other Zeo Nano products. It's not true Zeovit until you're using the stones with the reactor IMO.

My system is fairly low nutrients last time I checked.
 
New clown, goes with my Skunk. Bali Picasso.



Furry Tenuis.




Tank will be 2 months old, the back of the tank is already covered in coralline, if I am going to intervene I need to do it soon or the job will be a lot harder. I love the look of a clean black back rimless, uggggg, to scrape or not is the question.
 
Kalk ATO, parts A/B daily, Lugols on Tuesdays, Strontium on Thurs. Sponge power daily and one of the other nano zeo products. If I do a water change that day I do not dose. I never intend for others to use Lugols or Strontium, it's just what I do. Instant Ocean salt, bi monthy water change of 3 gallons.

Alk: 8.6-9.
Cal: 430-450
Mag:1400
Temp 78
SG 1.025-26


I have not tested anything else for a while. The tank is young so I am still having some slight algae issues.
 
Tank is looking good. Can I ask what is sponge power and what effect has it help with your tank?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top