The "What Don't You Like About My Tank" Thread

Corals look brown to me.

I know! I agree! It's really frustrating, I'm thinking it has to do with the angle I try to take the pictures, It's a really bright tank, lighting is 10k halides, I've even had comments from some people about the pictures are over-exposed... Like the top stag on the right, it's totally washed out, not sure how to fix it, probably have to break down and try a new camera... or something... Close-ups and top downs look great... probably just my sucky camera skills!! :squigglemouth:

But the most recent picture, the corals are more brown then they should be, haven't been running a skimmer for the last month...also some phosphate troubles.....
 
Please be gentle....

Pic2142.jpg
 
Ok, I gotta know, What are you guys doing differently when you take these FTS pics...

No matter what I do they come out the same... Gotta be the lighting...

AaronP, Poletti, Gadgets, for example they all look really dark... what do you guys have for lighting? OR even what kind of cameras are you using?

Icedgxe- what are you running for lighting? Really hard to see, almost too dark.
 
I am using a Current sunpod fixture with 3 150w de 14k pheonix bulbs. The picture was taken with a canon xti slr but I can't remember what lens I was using.
 
Wow, all I see are alot of great looking tanks. I'll give you guys something to pick at. Here's mine.
corals010.jpg

I'll strart by saying the frag rack is kind of an eye sore. I'm about to set up a new tank so I could really benifit from the critique.
 
dbraun, I like the look of the islands. I would build up the right side a little more to fill the empty space and put some sps up ther too, unless of corse the empty space is what your after.
 
dbraun, I like the look of the islands. I would build up the right side a little more to fill the empty space and put some sps up ther too, unless of corse the empty space is what your after.

Thanks!! I added a mag-rock in the middle of the two islands, but am not sure I like the placement--what do ya'll think?
January7001.jpg
 
I liked it better before you added the rock in the middle. What is that sitting on? It looks like a floating UFO ;)

I would personally go a little more vertical with things, but that's just me.
 
I liked it better before you added the rock in the middle. What is that sitting on? It looks like a floating UFO ;)

I would personally go a little more vertical with things, but that's just me.

It's got 2 magnets that hold it in place--I agree there is probably too much space on the right side, but that could be filled in nicely with some colored sticks or some type of other coral that could grow tall.:wink:
 
gar732 -

It just needs some time! Let 'er grow in... Just looks young...

Otherwise, One thing that always bugs me (even with my tank) is frag racks.. Not everyone has the room to add a frag tank, but if you do, and you have excess coral, it's well worth it! I have frag tank plumbed in to my main system, and I still throw a frag rack in before swaps...
 
Gar it looks fine to me.. I have a similiar rock set up in mine and a frag basket in the top. I think once everything grows in it will look awesome!
 
Thanks guys. That pic is about two months old and looking at the tank now I can notice the growth in everything.

2farnorth, your rite about the frag tank. I've been kicking the idea around, just trying to figure out the best way to do it as I'm sumpless.
 
I will play along. I personally don't care for the way I have the rock work in there right now. This is a shot taken about 3-4 months ago. I have since added more corals. However, Like I stated I don't like the rock work. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will snap a new FTS tomorrow and edit and add to this post! But for now let me have it! the Maxi-mod has moved from the right side of the tank to left and the algae feeding clip is no longer in there! :D

TankPictures018.jpg
 
Never been into the foam walls. I always thought they were hideous.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top