- Joined
- May 16, 2015
- Messages
- 5,463
- Reaction score
- 2,805
- Location
- Mitchell SD
- What state or country do you live in
- South Dakota
Hmm....I might do that then
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes that would help. If you do that I wouldn't go up to 4ppm. Maybe 1-2 ppm. What your trying to do is build up a nice amount. But you don't need live rock to do it. It will speed it up some. But most people start with dry rock to try and avoid the pest that can come with adding live rock. Apastia. Flat worms etc.Would adding an already live rock do the trick? It would have the bacteria on it already and should spread it to the others correct?
Well I know the live rock I would be using is pest free, it was in my past tank. dried because of the tank crash and then got started again in a mother smaller tank.Yes that would help. If you do that I wouldn't go up to 4ppm. Maybe 1-2 ppm. What your trying to do is build up a nice amount. But you don't need live rock to do it. It will speed it up some. But most people start with dry rock to try and avoid the pest that can come with adding live rock. Apastia. Flat worms etc.
That's not what I got from our Walmart mine det free. That live bacteria you got should work fine.This was from walmart
So the tetra bacteria should be fine correct? Even though I think it's for freshwater? Also, I brought home a half of a 50 gallon barrel from work, it had anti foam in it....I washed it out, then used 190 proof to clean it as well, then rinsed it again, then bleach washed it, then rinsed it twice....is this going to be a problem?That's not what I got from our Walmart mine det free. That live bacteria you got should work fine.
OK cool, thanks....but what about how I washed the barrel?Live bacteria has no difference fresh or salt it should work fine.
Will it hurt the way I did it?Vinegar and water
Vinegar and water
No it be fine and yes to live sand it has the bacteria in it.I jumped the gun and added 10 gallons of ro water to the barrel already. Will I be fine or will I have to do the vinegar wash and redo the ro
Thank you so very much. First time doing this, I'm the kind of person I want to learn from personal conversation from other people. I read as well but I find my nerve more relaxed when talking with other people about it. I appreciate enduring you and the others have helped me with! Thank you!No it be fine and yes to live sand it has the bacteria in it.
One thing you have to remember when taking from personal conversation everybody has a different way of doing things. I would never use bacteria in a bottle. Waste of money to me. Some swear by it. I always cycle my rock outside the tank. Just my preference. Live sand to me. Unless from another established tank. Is a waste. It just has decaying matter in it. Just the same as throwing a raw shrimp in the tank or dosing ammonia. There is a lot of good info in here and a whole lot of very bad info. When you do a lot of reading on your own it helps you to tell the difference between the two. Good luck with your tank. And remember patience is you true friend in this hobby.Thank you so very much. First time doing this, I'm the kind of person I want to learn from personal conversation from other people. I read as well but I find my nerve more relaxed when talking with other people about it. I appreciate enduring you and the others have helped me with! Thank you!
Agreed. I have had no experience with the bacteria in a bottle...if I don't need to get it up really fast, which I don't, I'm not going to use it...One thing you have to remember when taking from personal conversation everybody has a different way of doing things. I would never use bacteria in a bottle. Waste of money to me. Some swear by it. I always cycle my rock outside the tank. Just my preference. Live sand to me. Unless from another established tank. Is a waste. It just has decaying matter in it. Just the same as throwing a raw shrimp in the tank or dosing ammonia. There is a lot of good info in here and a whole lot of very bad info. When you do a lot of reading on your own it helps you to tell the difference between the two. Good luck with your tank. And remember patience is you true friend in this hobby.
Because where I'm setting up my new system is still being determined...I'm paying off all my bills and then moving into an apartment or trailer. That's when I'll be setting my tank up...so for now I'm curing the rock for when it's timeIf you have live sand why not just cure the rock in the dt if it's a new set up.
K that works.Because where I'm setting up my new system is still being determined...I'm paying off all my bills and then moving into an apartment or trailer. That's when I'll be setting my tank up...so for now I'm curing the rock for when it's time

