Trey's SPS Dream Waterbox 180.5

Thanks bro. Luckily the movers set the tank in front of where the stand is now at. I’m thinking of picking up some suction cups to aid in moving it from the floor to the stand. I don’t think I’ll be able to get four people together to move it lol. So it will probably just be me and a buddy. :oops:

Maybe you could hit up a glass company who can send one additional person and supply the suction cups. I would lend a hand but your a long drive away
:D
 
Ok! Me and a few buddies got the tank on the stand... and it was a LOT easier than I thought it would be :rolleyes:. The four NFL player size movers had me convinced the tank was heavier than I thought.I have some of the plumbing installed, and will be moving on to finishing the electrical soon! I have also decided (after extensively discussing it with the GF) that a whole home generator is a good idea... and I’ll be lookinginto that as well. Anyway, check out some pics!
48D29531-D8EE-4802-BFCC-D26448FB6B16.jpeg
07D42B29-F47D-44D5-9DBA-A8FBBAEEE29A.jpeg

And here is my obese cat checking out the sump compartments... much to my chagrin .

B283F4F5-EAD6-425C-B6ED-3AB584C02429.jpeg
B750033F-A306-4534-BBC1-E9316C7983AA.jpeg
300BE079-5CD6-4B99-99A0-DF0C5738ED38.jpeg
 
Exciting and congrats!
 
We’re wet, and salty!
I added some under cabinet lighting. Organized all the wiring, and got the second DOS hooked up.
Currently cycling with Microbacter xlm and quick cycle.
F40A683F-3B9C-4340-B3FC-64DF8B192A2E.jpeg
746366C6-91BE-4697-AA81-344E7401DB75.jpeg
81CF2681-141D-4570-98EA-C4A2230F30F7.jpeg
3C19AB9D-F09E-4652-AF31-F2AA7DDC7512.jpeg
 
Looks pretty bad#$@! I like the caves in the rockwork. Are you going to go with sand?
 
We have fish!
The 180.5 has its first live denizens (not counting all of the copepods I added a week or two back).
This morning I received my order of 2 occelaris clowns, a Midas blenny, and 10 Trochus snails from @Dr. Reef at quarantined fish. So far they seem to be doing fine. I will say that the clowns are INSANELY small. I’ve never actually seen clowns this small for sale. About the size of my thumbnail maybe. I hope they do ok in this big old tank. The Midas is gorgeous. I also had to spend the better part of an hour trying to scrape some tough as nails turf algae off of the trochus. Hopefully it doesn’t infect my tank...
D7D3B1DC-5049-4D7D-9BF3-7350D55B9D3D.jpeg
3FC0FDD1-6095-41C5-BE8B-1AAAA1B75B28.jpeg
 
It looks like you've installed LED lighting under cabinet? Would you mind sharing how you routed it? I have 180.5 and stuck with part the little divider part on the roof of the sump cabinet. Scared to drill a hole through it
 
It looks like you've installed LED lighting under cabinet? Would you mind sharing how you routed it? I have 180.5 and stuck with part the little divider part on the roof of the sump cabinet. Scared to drill a hole through it
I just stuck it right to the divider and around to the other side.
 
Merry Christmas Eve and happy holidays to all!
Not a huge update by any means, but an interesting note none the less. On October 23rd I added one bottle each of purple helix and pink fusion coralline algae by ARC. About four weeks after that my rocks slowly developed a hard green micro algae coating, and a few days ago I noticed the start of coralline algae. Here are a few pics for you all.
38F67A47-584B-46C1-AD85-3DF93C495888.png
E4A3286F-F276-41D6-8B91-8C780C17CE58.jpeg
BACC65F7-7D02-4023-92E2-1AA64ACCC463.jpeg
 
We’ve got rocks, and we’ve got power!

I toyed with the scape for a while... hopefully this will allow lots for room for corals, and isn’t too terrible to look at in the mean time.

B844468D-0F68-4240-BF86-A052BEABDE84.jpeg

EC466CEB-F6D5-4C91-939D-6F5A285A66A4.jpeg
8FEC006B-A471-414F-9295-1103CCD42B0A.jpeg
I really dig this scape, where did you purchase your dry rock and whats the brand name?
 
I really dig this scape, where did you purchase your dry rock and whats the brand name?
Thank you! My hope is it will allow plenty of room for acros to grow out and up! It’s a mix of base rock (prime cuts) and shelf rock from Marco rocks. I got it from a few places, and actually have Quite a bit left over if anyone in the area needs. :p
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top