What Salt Mix are you using in your reef?

What salt mix are you using?

  • Red Sea

    Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Red Sea Pro

    Votes: 118 20.9%
  • ESV

    Votes: 22 3.9%
  • D-D H2Ocean

    Votes: 12 2.1%
  • D-D H2Ocean Magnesium Pro Plus

    Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Tropic Marin

    Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tropic Marin Pro

    Votes: 32 5.7%
  • Brightwells

    Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Coralife

    Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Instant Ocean

    Votes: 109 19.3%
  • Reef Crystals

    Votes: 147 26.1%
  • Kent Marine

    Votes: 21 3.7%
  • Seachem

    Votes: 31 5.5%
  • Other

    Votes: 32 5.7%

  • Total voters
    564
reef crystals Are the BEST
1149550_10201698278477665_1315636856_o[1].jpg
 
I ran across an article that shows IO is much higher than it should be in things like copper and lead. I don't know how RC compares because it wasn't in the study, but Bio-Sea MarineMix and Crystal Sea MarineMix both showed to be higher than IO in mag and cal, while being much lower in toxic and potentially toxic elements. Another - I think it was from Coralife - came in better than IO and worse than the other two, if memory serves.

I'm switching to Crystal Sea MarineMix as soon as my current box of IO is gone.
 
Going to RedSeaPro with the new set up because I can't get a constant supply of Royal Nature from my LFS.
 
Reef crystal but I noticed that it leaves some kind of white powder on the surface!! Im new to the hobby and I dont know if the saltmix is causing that!! What do you guys think????
 
Using IO but considering switching to RC. I find myself dosing a lot of magnesium every water change into my new batch of saltwater. Anyone know the parameters of RC as it pertains to Cal/Alk/Mag at 1.025 or 1.026?
 
Using IO but considering switching to RC. I find myself dosing a lot of magnesium every water change into my new batch of saltwater. Anyone know the parameters of RC as it pertains to Cal/Alk/Mag at 1.025 or 1.026?

From what I've seen, either stay with IO (I've seen a ton of people who switched back to IO after trying RC) or get another brand. Personally, I want to switch to bio-sea marinemix. It has much lower concentrations of toxic heavy metals, and if I remember correctly it has higher cal and mag as well.
 
I have been using Red Sea coral pro salt just to start up my tank but switching to the basic Red Sea salt. There's not much of a difference between the two. Just the levels of calcium and magnesium. Only using Red Sea products because I have a Red Sea max.
 
Red Sea Coral Pro.

My consistency between batches is unparalleled. I used to get quite a bit of precipitation with IO Reef Crystals. Consistency with the RS:CP is a big reason why I use it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top