What will you be doing to your tank this weekend!?

My to-do list. Pretty busy with side work this weekend, so we'll see what gets done.

- Swap the 20g kalkwasser and 44g ATO reservoir. That will reduce my need to mess with kalk to upwards of 4 weeks. If I only get this one done, I'll be happy.
- Rearrange lights over the frag tank. LPS are happy, but need to make a section of higher par dedicated to my sps frags.
- Hand pull as much bryopsis as possible.
- Siphon out detritus in DT and sump. Small WC.
- Full round of tests.
 
This weekend I'll be testing, scraping glass and spending plenty of time observing my new pair of DaVinci Clowns. Already love the little swimmers.

Need to install new tubing in return pump and siding line holder as well. May swing by LFS as well if I can find the time.
 
From the information I received here it's some form of Sea Squirt aka: Tunicate. I was cool in the beginning but it's really starting to thrive and expand quickly. Not sure what my next plan of action is for this, but I do not want it to take over that rock and smoother my Pulsating Xenia.
 
Water change.
 
I added something new ;)
Now I enjoy having a reason to not want to get rid of the blenny.
1B04CF54-1447-4A06-9490-23BF91E12D66.jpeg

0DEEEE79-062C-4CF4-AA35-C6E508CDEBA3.jpeg


Last weekend I added three new acros to my nano and my 4’ tank had nothing done except it’ll be getting its own cluster of barnacles!
2A109C55-D7BC-4D3F-A474-3A834592BCFF.jpeg

1EDE755A-8B1C-43A8-B067-DC1E1652410D.jpeg

F72FB1E9-9E99-4588-92E6-43024E20A4A6.jpeg

3EC10B2A-4E98-4546-8D2B-62CF7644C931.jpeg
 
What're you guys doing to your tanks this weekend? Mine needs a good cleaning. I'm going to rip out some turf algae, make a new batch of saltwater, and set up my new macroalgae reactor.
 
I'm hoping to move my 15 gallon over to a new stand I bought and assembled. Hopefully without cracking the bottom of the tank. I can empty out most of the water, but I can't actually take all the rockwork out, since several of my monti caps are completely fused to the tank.
 
Finishing the scape and transfering the contents from my 20 frag tank to this new beautiful 55 frag tank build out. Finishing the stand and getting things done tonight to transfer come sunday.

20220802_180656.jpg 20220802_200945.jpg
 
New Apex Pro and Trident won't be until Monday so I won't be doing anything which is VERY good thing. I spent over 15 hours last weekend with cable management and getting the Hydros taken down. So this weekend I will sell the Hydros.
 
Water changes before work on the temp 50g & 20g.

Then patiently wait for the 120g to be finished with the reseal. Also finish up with flooring & painting so I can put everything back together!


20220716_115921.jpg
20220716_115910_HDR.jpg
 
Nothing dosing nitrates and phos up some daily.

admiring results

Saving for coral acquisition

built a new sump and installed last week :) switched to filter floss and cups from socks
 
Hopefully continue building the stand for my 90 gallon DT
 
I need to add a couple led bars and fans to my canopy I have been putting off. Mount some corals currently on a rack, that I also have been putting off. Basically stop putting stuff off :upside-down-face:
 
Today just build a new reactor for my new Nano tank setup, trying to save money and hope it will work. Last time I had one it cost me $$$ to much.
This build only cost me $11 bucks for parts and $25 for LED Lights. :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9383_Moment.jpg
    IMG_9383_Moment.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 13

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top