Where do you dump your dirty water change water?

Discharge from saltwater tanks need to go into a direct sewage line, e.g, toilet, shower drain, or plumbed-in specialty drain. Never in a kitchen sink or road run off.

A kitchen sink is no less direct than a toilet or shower drain, and it can easily be argued that a 1-1/2" kitchen waste line will accumulate less crud from the wastewater because the water velocity through the pipe will be higher than it will be through a 3" or 4" toilet line or a 2" shower drain.

In northern climates where salt is regularly used to deice roads, I see no problem with using storm drainage for the wastewater. The amount of salt in the aquarium waste water is minuscule compared to the amount of salt in water drained from the roads.
 
Storm water drain at the end of the drive. The storm grate is really taking a beating. I don't want all that salt water running through the pipes in the house.
 
Goes from tank to a Brute can. Brute can goes into the guest bathroom and dumped into the tub. Then Tub gets cleaned and rinsed with fresh water.
 
As the title states, I’m curious as to where you dump your dirty water change water?

On the weeds and unwanted grass I want to kill, works wonderful and it's pesticide free, so take advantage of your salt water, it will kill and dry down to the roots.
 
When the neighbor's lawn starts looking better than mine...or if he starts to become difficult to deal with...I use his yard as a dumping ground.
hahhahahahahaaaaaa sorry but you made my day with that comment, not sure if you joking or not but got a smile out of me.
 
WC water for DT is gravity fed to main waste line and out to septic. Basement system... right now I roll out Brutes to a drain in the driveway. Before winter comes, I will have a sump pump system lift the WC water to the main waste line. Brutes don't roll in snow & ice. This adds up to 70G a week, so I really don't have much of a choice outside of a major project drilling the foundation wall etc.

Next house I will plan ahead better, so I can pump to a dry well. My septic guy expressed some concern about potential concrete corrosion in the holding tank, but not too much. It is pretty new, so maybe it lasts 30 years instead of 35.
 
hahhahahahahaaaaaa sorry but you made my day with that comment, not sure if you joking or not but got a smile out of me.
Well, due pending legal actions, I am forced to say it was a joke! Lol
 
5 gallons in the toilet quick to purge the pipe.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top