50g fowlr to reef

Good news, it appears I am processing ammonia and nitrite in 24 hours. I dosed again and will know for sure tomorrow night when I test again. High hopes I should have a fish in there next week!
Sweet man! About time lol
 
Good news, it appears I am processing ammonia and nitrite in 24 hours. I dosed again and will know for sure tomorrow night when I test again. High hopes I should have a fish in there next week!
I've been following this thread since the day I joined lol. The same day you started the thread. Excited to see it come to life
 
Thread is great! I'm looking forward to seeing the tank with life! I kept a FOWLR for years and there are times when I miss its simplicity :) I thought for sure you'd set up the extra fish tank and keep the maroons but you made a really good decision there. Following
 
@cameronh I appreciate all the support you have given since day one. It's been nice to have someone along the way. I can't wait to finally stock it lol. Also how did your surgery go? Hope everything turned out good!

@fishroomlady thanks for tuning in. I will setup another fowlr eventually just because I love porcupine puffers and triggers. I actually checked on the maroon clowns the other day and they're extremely happy in a 210g system.

Sorry I've been taking so long with the updates been busy with work and with the holidays. But I've been slightly confused with my nutrient numbers. I can process ammonia in 24 hours but my nitrites sometimes take longer. Some days its gone in 24 hours and others it takes 2 days. I redosed this morning after a 24 hour total reduction so if I'm good tomorrow morning then I will be ordering my first fish and clean up crew. I also got a new phone which takes way better pictures, let me know what you think of the picture quality.

IMG_20151214_154850317_HDR.jpg
 
@cameronh I appreciate all the support you have given since day one. It's been nice to have someone along the way. I can't wait to finally stock it lol. Also how did your surgery go? Hope everything turned out good!

@fishroomlady thanks for tuning in. I will setup another fowlr eventually just because I love porcupine puffers and triggers. I actually checked on the maroon clowns the other day and they're extremely happy in a 210g system.

Sorry I've been taking so long with the updates been busy with work and with the holidays. But I've been slightly confused with my nutrient numbers. I can process ammonia in 24 hours but my nitrites sometimes take longer. Some days its gone in 24 hours and others it takes 2 days. I redosed this morning after a 24 hour total reduction so if I'm good tomorrow morning then I will be ordering my first fish and clean up crew. I also got a new phone which takes way better pictures, let me know what you think of the picture quality.

IMG_20151214_154850317_HDR.jpg
Much better picture quality @Maximizer, looking very clean in that tank. hand Healing up well but feels like somethings not quite right. I'm a little confused about your cycling, keep it simple. Are you adding chemicals already and you haven't even got any fish in the tank yet:p anyways, looking forward to seeing it with some fish and corals in it. You can put some zoas in there, they like a little nitrate. Hope it turns soon man! Keep us posted.
 
I've only been dosing ammonia to feed the bacteria until my cycle is finished. Im thinking I'm good though so will probably order a fish and a few snails tomorrow or Wednesday.
 
I've only been dosing ammonia to feed the bacteria until my cycle is finished. Im thinking I'm good though so will probably order a fish and a few snails tomorrow or Wednesday.
Sounds good man, looking forward to it and will be waiting
 
I've only been dosing ammonia to feed the bacteria until my cycle is finished. Im thinking I'm good though so will probably order a fish and a few snails tomorrow or Wednesday.
What's up man.
 
Nothing really, getting a little irritated. I'm still not processing nitrites in 24 hours, it usually takes 48 hours. I don't think i'm doing anything wrong. So i'm not sure when i will be able to start stocking it. Maybe my cycle is gonna take extra time, its been about 6-7 weeks. Any suggestions anybody? Thanks for being patient with my build lol it hasn't been easy thus far. I added a marinepure block to give the bacteria some more Real-Estate, maybe that will help, i don't know. If im still not processing it in 24 hours after christmas, i'm going to order some biospira or aquavitro seed and see if that will help me.
 
Nothing really, getting a little irritated. I'm still not processing nitrites in 24 hours, it usually takes 48 hours. I don't think i'm doing anything wrong. So i'm not sure when i will be able to start stocking it. Maybe my cycle is gonna take extra time, its been about 6-7 weeks. Any suggestions anybody? Thanks for being patient with my build lol it hasn't been easy thus far. I added a marinepure block to give the bacteria some more Real-Estate, maybe that will help, i don't know. If im still not processing it in 24 hours after christmas, i'm going to order some biospira or aquavitro seed and see if that will help me.
Geez. Hmm. Yeah probably needs more time man.
 
Good news!!!! Tank is cycled and will be ordering live stock today
 
Got some goodies today!
 
I've been trying to upload pictures lol

IMG_20151228_195949711.jpg
 
Lol I know it. Got them from a somewhat local reefer. 3 heads of mushrooms, 4 Duncan heads, a leather, 3 different Zoas, 2 hammers, 2 candy cane heads,
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top