Anyone still interested in and keeping Micromussa?

would you compare these to echinodas?
i have no luck keeping acans either in my 12gal.
 
sorry, im not an expert.
but what are lords?
 
Acanthastrea Lordhowensis. Referred to as acans. Echinatas are also from the Acanthastrea family. Hope that helps
 
appreciate that man!
will take me a little bit to learn all these scientific names. lol
 
I remember back in the day JenDub and SkinnyChinaMan (Anthony) from AquaDesignz were the ones bring in all the micros.
 
I will be posting some frags of My Darth Maul Micro if anyone is Interested


WFFDarthMaulMicroMussa.jpg


4F2CBC1E-F039-4A64-B14B-5BC3D5FA7FDC-8645-00000ED988274E15_zpse14dc716.jpg
 
Yep, I wonder if Jendub still has corals? Any of you guys remember her "pinky" acan lord? I think it went for $700-$800 for a one polyp frag which was an unheard of price at the time.
 
Last edited:
Yep, I wonder if Jendub still has corals?
dont know if they have a hobby tank but Jen and Charles are not selling and happy being parents of two. Charles was selling their bins on RC not to long ago and told me it was the last of the stuff to go.
 
dont know if they have a hobby tank but Jen and Charles are not selling and happy being parents of two. Charles was selling their bins on RC not to long ago and told me it was the last of the stuff to go.

Ahh, cool to hear that. I was wrong, the "pinky" acan lord went for $600 for a one polyp frag. It was bright pink with a green circle.
 
For those of you confused, here is a size comparison between lords and micromussa in a 2g cube. The green "hulk" micromussa in the center are micros and all the other acans are "lords" except for the red ones, they are bowerbankii.

Pardon the tiny frag sizes, it is only a 3 month old tank:
2g_11-26-13.jpg
 
*that, and you can pretty clearly see the size reference in my pic above w/ the standard eggcate.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top