Anyone still interested in and keeping Micromussa?

i had 5 heads that after 6 months grew to like 20 heads so they are slow growers but not like super super slow but i target feed 3 to 4 times weekly
 
I just got these from Cherry in the sale:
aussiebem_zps2c9d95ed.jpg

My first, but not last, Micro's. Can't wait to get them under decent lights on my frag tank.

Mac
 
finally mounted my micromussas. micros and acans here (on the left), in the same shot for comparison.

microsmounted.jpg
You have an amazing collection!!! That pink one, all green one, pink eye one, and the UFO are my fav. :)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the all pink one? First time seeing that!

Great photo with the basslet btw. Those acans are gorgeous.
 
thanks! :)

some of those are very "old school" jendub micros. there's also a reef dr micromussa angel eye in there (up top - hard to make out the pink due to the exposure up there). the two green ones are "love of money" and "chronic" (both jendub).

the pink one is actually from will at aqua sd - Pink Barbie Micromussa

cheers! :)
 
Last edited:
These pics really bring me back! I used to collect micros back in the early 2000s and got back into them in the last few years. I'll try to post some pics from my phone. I'd love to get my hands on some of the old indo micros, like the purple haze or angel eyes.
 
I would like to point out that the species Acanthastrea lordhowensis is now in the Genus Micromussa, so they're M. lordhowensis. So in fact, a lot of people are keeping Micrpmussa and just calling them "Acans" still (: but yes I like the rest of the Genus too, we don't see as many of the other species offered as much.
 
You’re not wrong. This thread dates back to long before the classification change and as I can tell what’s been posted are mostly amakusensis.
 
These pics really bring me back! I used to collect micros back in the early 2000s and got back into them in the last few years. I'll try to post some pics from my phone. I'd love to get my hands on some of the old indo micros, like the purple haze or angel eyes.
And so it begins. History repeats itself
Let’s start micro club again and deal with “reclassified” sometime
D7DD3523-9707-46B1-B5A9-23A7B1481A83.jpeg
C66FF6D9-C704-4021-B37E-09032567BE27.jpeg
2369A2CD-501A-4693-A440-16572680E42C.jpeg
4446D72C-616C-472B-92D3-A3B435C3652E.jpeg
3498FC33-C710-4BBE-AC70-FEDD67C75874.jpeg
DED26391-8F7A-4696-B77E-A6BC2FEF1B32.jpeg
01E36B96-8D92-4F75-A9F2-3A76D18C98D5.jpeg
 
I like that first pic, I just picked up the wwc ruby rainbow micro last week. Excited to see that grow!
 
Its definitely deep ruby.
sets it apart for sure
 
If its very fleshy like acan with big in and out of skeleton abilities- micro amak. If is stiff and hard - favia. Regardless very nice colors
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top