Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Sorry if Ive missed it but what is your plan for a tank?

Funny you asked I really don’t know. Some wrasse for sure but not sure what ones. I would like a group of Anthias but not sure about keeping them happy
 
Funny you asked I really don’t know. Some wrasse for sure but not sure what ones. I would like a group of Anthias but not sure about keeping them happy
So leaning towards a good size system then? 75+?
 
Welcome! I just started a new 20g tank and I would highly recommend live rock and live sand as well as AquaClear HoB filters. I've got three AquaClear's and just ordered a fourth and have never had problems with any of them. Macroalgae is definitely the way to go and will make maintenance easier and the tank much more stable, they act much like a skimmer. I also have a UV sterilizer and I don't recommend them unless you're having a real algae problem (ps: they won't hurt macroalgae). An ATO is also a great investment to keep maintenance down, however I find that a tight lid on small aquariums prevents most evaporation (I only top my tank off ~once a week). As far as livestock goes, I'd be weary of adding anything other than a very easy fish at first. While not the most colorful, tailspot blennies or some small gobies make a great first fish. You could also try any kind of firefish: they are very colorful and stay relatively small, plus are cheap and easy to find. Note on the gobies: some are not easy to keep, especially the "sand sifters", so do your research. While a lot of the information you'll get is subjective, I can objectively tell you that you've come to the right place. Everyone here at R2R will be glad to help you and will lend years of experience. Always feel free to ask any question you might have, that's why we are here! Good luck with your tank and welcome to the hobby :)
 
I tagged you in his thread. Warning...he has lots of room for peer pressure
He’s been following along over there. And yes I am admittedly a very lazy reefer and totally susecptable to peer pressure!.
 
Oh no. I meant you can stock his tank with naughty little Wrasse in no time flat.
Yeah, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I figured it out. Will be loads of fun stocking that tank up!
 
Last edited:
IMG_20190120_200004707.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top