Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Big cube... well, there is the Marineland 93g cube. I've heard they use really thin glass on those tho. You have a tank like mine, which is technically a short rectangle but called a cube, because everyone thinks tall 75 when they hear 90 gallon. The popular 60 cube... but that's not big....

Then you can go all out 240g custom 48"×48"×24" cube... think of the aquascaping potential with a tank that size! Good luck reaching anything without one of those Tom Cruise mission impossible ceiling hanger rigs... or an "adult" swing. Lol I could see it now.
 
They use 3/8" with a 1/2" bottom. That's what mine is. I put a epoxy coated steel rim on the top of mine just for safety sake.
My 36"×24"×24 is 1/2" sides with 5/8" bottom. I've heard of a few 93g blowouts. I had a bottom crack and leaked half my tank thru the floor... saved all my fish, refinished the floor. Can't imagine coming home to an entire side blown out.
 
I replaced a side on mine from someone dropping it. While I did that I redid the seals with ASI which is a very strong commercial aquarium RTV.

I water tested for a week once then drained waited a month and water tested again for a month in the carport.

I too am not a fan of swimming in the living room.

;)
 
While I never heard of a blow out of a 93 marineland I did hear of stress bubbles in the sealant that showed up.

This tank had them on one corner, at least I was told they did. It got broken before I got it for free.
 
Hello,

Wow that’s so interesting but kinda scary lol. Me being a very shy person, etc I would freak out if a stranger gave me a hug. Now would I be a jerk and call the police etc well no (based on culture) . I have some close friends and rarely ever do they get a frontal hug. It’s more to the side and more formal for me.

Family though I’m obvious more open with (except
My younger not so sane brother). It’s a neat custom but I would have to slowly get use to it. When I was back in England where I use to live strangers would hug the side kinda but do a kiss on each check. That drove me nuts the first 6 months of my study abroad. I learned it lol but again I’m not by any way a mean person or snub etc, just, been raised a tad differently. My mum thinks frontal hugs are reserved for married people only, my dad thinks it’s rubbish. I have always kept (what tiny experience I do have) public display of affection at a very minimum. Lol holding hands is about my extent, and that’s not even often.

But I do love all people I’m just well shy and introverted until I’m comfy w others.’
Funny, I had you pegged for a full frontal hugger. :-)

Text, Facebook, Instagram... my IG is dedicated to fish and corals.
Except not everyone uses their name for a username, so we couldn't find one another if the site goes down. We almost had that happen on our local (state wide) forum. The "friendly" person that was hosting the site on his own server decided to pull the plug on it one day without notice. Fortunately one of our admins had recently backed up the site on his own computer and the forum continued on a new server. We almost lost track of everyone on the forum. So, not a bad idea to trade contact info with those you want to keep in touch with.
 
I vote everyone send contact info to @Katrina71 and she becomes responsible for contacting all of us in the event of a server disaster.

I will then setup my server to a public FQDN and we can resume there.

:)
 
I vote everyone send contact info to @Katrina71 and she becomes responsible for contacting all of us in the event of a server disaster.

I will then setup my server to a public FQDN and we can resume there.

:)
Im all in on this! any one else? say "I".
 
I think with our life events, we need to have a contact line to make sure everything is ok if somebody goes Mia or has an emergency anyhow!

True that. I hate when online friends disappear. I always fear the worst. Everyone should at least give their spouses or SOs their login info in case of emergencies. I will even come do maintenance on your tanks for those close to me if you are incapacitated for any reason.

 
I have @Scurvy 's phone number and he has mine ;);)

I have a few people’s info too. Life comes first of course, but I would hate to think someone was in trouble and we could have helped somehow.

 
I have a few people’s info too. Life comes first of course, but I would hate to think someone was in trouble and we could have helped somehow.

I agree completely!

I have a few folks contact info. Texting right now with one.
 
Facebook is good for keeping tabs and finding long lost friends. I don't post on it much and avoid the political stuff, but I am HERE on there. :-)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top