Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

You saw it here first people because @Katrina71 likes pink, just in so still waking up! :)

DSC_0003 (1024x683).jpg
 
@fabutahoun you would be impressed with how healthy the fish are! Now I'm curious what type you would want? I will gladly select anything you might want myself!
Thanks for the offer, mybe something that have a lot of black like midnight or blacker ice. And these long fin looks stunning hard to choose

I already have black ice, platinum , Wyoming , and wild red sea.

I just got these and I am sending them with My kids to Jordan

image.jpg
 
@Brew12 @Katrina71 FWIW my mandarin takes pelletts and frozen. The key is actually getting it to him. He hunts pods nonstop or whenever hes not admiring his relection. What I try doing is to simply supplement with the pellets and frozen. Ill kill all flow aside from the return and feed 1st on the opposite side of the tank to lure away the savages. Then take a pinch or baster of frozen and send back to the mandarins side. So long as it hits the bottom he’ll take.
All that said If you get him a suppmental feeding once a day or every other day I think he’ll be plenty happy. Mines been housed with as many as 3 pod hunting wrasse and never a problem or food shortage.
 
@Brew12 @Katrina71 FWIW my mandarin takes pelletts and frozen. The key is actually getting it to him. He hunts pods nonstop or whenever hes not admiring his relection. What I try doing is to simply supplement with the pellets and frozen. Ill kill all flow aside from the return and feed 1st on the opposite side of the tank to lure away the savages. Then take a pinch or baster of frozen and send back to the mandarins side. So long as it hits the bottom he’ll take.
All that said If yoy get him a suppmental feeding once a day or every other day I think he’ll be plenty happy. Mines been housed with as many as 3 pod hunting wrasse and never a problem or food shortage.
My Mandarin would hunt frozen food drifting along the bottom. I think the question is if pellets/frozen could be the primary method of feeding or is it only supplemental?
 
I got two wild mandarins, only one survived. It will take a while for the fish to start feeding on frozen food then pellets.

Even with my large established tank 2 mandarin and leopard wrasse was too much. The remaining mandarin and wrasse is eating everything now, and they are doing well for more than a year.
 
My Mandarin would hunt frozen food drifting along the bottom. I think the question is if pellets/frozen could be the primary method of feeding or is it only supplemental?
My feeling is itll always be supplemental but I see what youre getting at. In a smaller system with no other competition I feel it can work. I wouldnt try in 10g but an established 30ish gallon I feel like can work. JMO
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top