Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I got ya on that but this particular one is unlike any badge any of your friends have or have ever had. I can almost guarantee it. You've probably not seen such a badge and, if you have, they have been far and few between!

I don’t think these badges you talk about show up here on Tapatalk.
 
Sooo. Uh, i has a question!!!!! Is there an answer to: How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A bushel or a peck or a hug around the neck!
 
ce11adf5fc1413b16f092a069cf241a0.jpg


So I couldn’t leave Minneapolis without visiting this place!! Got to meet Randy! And was taken on an impromptu tour around the office and filming studio. EEEKS! Loved it! And I don’t usually geek out over meeting people.

For Ex: i once got a naked steam bath sitting next to Ben Stiller less than 12 inches away. (No side jokes about how I knew i was 12 inches away please @crusso1993) and never blinked an eye or asked for an autograph just made small talk as usual.
 
Decent what’s up
I originally thought I had stress crypto on my Atlantic blue. Now it’s claimed quite a few fish.. most recently my mandarin goby last night, potentially old age for him.
My saddleback clown, abt, and orange stripped cardinal are infected currently. The rest of the fish seem fine. Everyone is eating and being active. But they look awful. I feel so bad for them.

I’m starting to think it’s brook, if it’s taking out gobys. My goldhead sifter goby randomly died 2 weeks ago, I thought he choked on sand? But maybe not. Also lost my Midas blenny, geometric Pygmy hawk.
CC5E84F2-75C5-48D3-A2DE-4225F5E521D8.jpeg

997EA8FA-C8E9-4C7E-8193-DAE513FB5399.jpeg
 
I originally thought I had stress crypto on my Atlantic blue. Now it’s claimed quite a few fish.. most recently my mandarin goby last night, potentially old age for him.
My saddleback clown, abt, and orange stripped cardinal are infected currently. The rest of the fish seem fine. Everyone is eating and being active. But they look awful. I feel so bad for them.

I’m starting to think it’s brook, if it’s taking out gobys. My goldhead sifter goby randomly died 2 weeks ago, I thought he choked on sand? But maybe not. Also lost my Midas blenny, geometric Pygmy hawk.
CC5E84F2-75C5-48D3-A2DE-4225F5E521D8.jpeg

997EA8FA-C8E9-4C7E-8193-DAE513FB5399.jpeg
Not good. @Manose @dantimdad any thoughts?
 
I feel for you. We've been getting hit hard with rain here too. It's stormed nearly every day here for the last couple of weeks. I live right by the Fox River and it's starting to flood again, in some areas. It flooded quite badly a few years ago to the point where the state declared a state of emergency. Yet people continue building multi- million dollar houses along it. I do not know why none of them build on piers but they don't and I just shake my head.
After Hurricane Rita and Ike (3 years later), people who flooded both times qualified for money from FEMA to actually raise their previously damaged homes - even the ones on slabs. I have a friend that lives about 15 miles south of me that had his house on a slab jacked up about 15 feet. Darndest thing I ever saw. I guess they figured it was cheaper to do that than to continue having National Flood pay for multiple future repairs.
ce11adf5fc1413b16f092a069cf241a0.jpg


So I couldn’t leave Minneapolis without visiting this place!! Got to meet Randy! And was taken on an impromptu tour around the office and filming studio. EEEKS! Loved it! And I don’t usually geek out over meeting people.

For Ex: i once got a naked steam bath sitting next to Ben Stiller less than 12 inches away. (No side jokes about how I knew i was 12 inches away please @crusso1993) and never blinked an eye or asked for an autograph just made small talk as usual.
Awesome!
 
I originally thought I had stress crypto on my Atlantic blue. Now it’s claimed quite a few fish.. most recently my mandarin goby last night, potentially old age for him.
My saddleback clown, abt, and orange stripped cardinal are infected currently. The rest of the fish seem fine. Everyone is eating and being active. But they look awful. I feel so bad for them.

I’m starting to think it’s brook, if it’s taking out gobys. My goldhead sifter goby randomly died 2 weeks ago, I thought he choked on sand? But maybe not. Also lost my Midas blenny, geometric Pygmy hawk.
CC5E84F2-75C5-48D3-A2DE-4225F5E521D8.jpeg

997EA8FA-C8E9-4C7E-8193-DAE513FB5399.jpeg
That's velvet... sorry :(

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/velvet-amyloodinium-ocellatum.217570/
 
Three weeks of stalled high pressure, 100°F temps and absolutely no rain... this is very welcomed. Mid day temps are back to very reasonable mid 80s overnight in the low 70s and rain every day until into next week.

20190605_205022.jpg
 
I originally thought I had stress crypto on my Atlantic blue. Now it’s claimed quite a few fish.. most recently my mandarin goby last night, potentially old age for him.
My saddleback clown, abt, and orange stripped cardinal are infected currently. The rest of the fish seem fine. Everyone is eating and being active. But they look awful. I feel so bad for them.

I’m starting to think it’s brook, if it’s taking out gobys. My goldhead sifter goby randomly died 2 weeks ago, I thought he choked on sand? But maybe not. Also lost my Midas blenny, geometric Pygmy hawk.
CC5E84F2-75C5-48D3-A2DE-4225F5E521D8.jpeg

997EA8FA-C8E9-4C7E-8193-DAE513FB5399.jpeg
Not sure what your protocols are.
Do you quarantine fish with medication before adding?

Do you have a UV unit?

Do you do fresh water dips?

Can you catch your fish in anything besides a food trap?
(Mostly I can't. )

This last choice is my goto (pretty much heresy)
If you need immediate *temporary* relief, dump in some Herbtana by MicrobeLift.
I use a capfull for 75 gallons when I need to. Seldom have to double dose. (Maybe 4 times over 4 years?)

Turbo snails try to climb out of the tank.
Don't think the serpent starfish like it either.

Gives immediate *temporary* relief. Its mostly tea tree oil.

It basically replaces running a UV for me.

I run a "Natural" system.

Parasites have the ability to *explode* in numbers in a tank environment.

Even running an "immune" or "natural" tank you will need to run UV at least occasionally or cheat with Herbtana to reduce free floating parasites.



If you are prophylactically treating your fish with medications, disregard everything above...

Hope things improve soon.
 
Not sure what your protocols are.
Do you quarantine fish with medication before adding?

Do you have a UV unit?

Do you do fresh water dips?

Can you catch your fish in anything besides a food trap?
(Mostly I can't. )

This last choice is my goto (pretty much heresy)
If you need immediate *temporary* relief, dump in some Herbtana by MicrobeLift.
I use a capfull for 75 gallons when I need to. Seldom have to double dose. (Maybe 4 times over 4 years?)

Turbo snails try to climb out of the tank.
Don't think the serpent starfish like it either.

Gives immediate *temporary* relief. Its mostly tea tree oil.

It basically replaces running a UV for me.

I run a "Natural" system.

Parasites have the ability to *explode* in numbers in a tank environment.

Even running an "immune" or "natural" tank you will need to run UV at least occasionally or cheat with Herbtana to reduce free floating parasites.



If you are prophylactically treating your fish with medications, disregard everything above...

Hope things improve soon.
Melafix will do the same thing. Its also tea tree oil. It helps with soothing the half eaten skin and slows prevents and or reverses bacterial infections. Fresh water dips will help to give very temporary relief from parasites. The osmotic shock causes the trophonts to burst, but not all of them and they multiply very fast.

QT with copper or CP is the only way to successfully treat it.

Oh, on the tea tree oil... Your skimmer will have multiple, continuous grand mal seizures... likely will die... RIP skimmer.
 
Melafix will do the same thing. Its also tea tree oil. It helps with soothing the half eaten skin and slows prevents and or reverses bacterial infections. Fresh water dips will help to give very temporary relief from parasites. The osmotic shock causes the trophonts to burst, but not all of them and they multiply very fast.

QT with copper or CP is the only way to successfully treat it.

Oh, on the tea tree oil... Your skimmer will have multiple, continuous grand mal seizures... likely will die... RIP skimmer.
Lol, no skimmer. Or sump. Just an ATS.

Good to know! Have only occasionally suggested Herbtana.
Had no idea about the skimmer.
 
Not sure what your protocols are.
Do you quarantine fish with medication before adding?

Do you have a UV unit?

Do you do fresh water dips?

Can you catch your fish in anything besides a food trap?
(Mostly I can't. )

This last choice is my goto (pretty much heresy)
If you need immediate *temporary* relief, dump in some Herbtana by MicrobeLift.
I use a capfull for 75 gallons when I need to. Seldom have to double dose. (Maybe 4 times over 4 years?)

Turbo snails try to climb out of the tank.
Don't think the serpent starfish like it either.

Gives immediate *temporary* relief. Its mostly tea tree oil.

It basically replaces running a UV for me.

I run a "Natural" system.

Parasites have the ability to *explode* in numbers in a tank environment.

Even running an "immune" or "natural" tank you will need to run UV at least occasionally or cheat with Herbtana to reduce free floating parasites.



If you are prophylactically treating your fish with medications, disregard everything above...

Hope things improve soon.
If I buy online or at other LFS other than my main LFS I qt fish. Fw dip then observation. I’ve never seen anything on any of my fish so they all made it to the display after 2 months. I don’t run uv I didn’t have funding for a proper uv like a pentair when I was setting this tank up. My main LFS owner is also a good friend of mine. He only buys healthy fish, then qt’s them in copper then observation for another month before they go into the shop. I haven’t added anything recently from there anyways.
I am horrible at catching fish.
I feed frozen 3x daily. Hakari mysis for smaller fish, pe mysis for bigger fish. Enriched in vitamin M by brightwell every 3 days. That was my prophylactic treatment to avoid disease. I do a sheet of nori weekly but the tangs don’t eat much of it. I do hakari herbivore mini pellets and the tangs go after that. Rarely but as a treat I’ll feed frozen hakari reef riot, which is like every weird sea creature and algae you can think of turned into cubes.
I have herbtana, I’ve used it before back when I had a biocube. I’ll see when it expires.
 
Any of you ever order off of OctoAquatics. They make acrylic pieces and use some strong magnets. Thinking of replacing my frozen food ring and also and more importantly my mesh cover. I've never liked the ugly aluminum one currently have.
 
Any of you ever order off of OctoAquatics. They make acrylic pieces and use some strong magnets. Thinking of replacing my frozen food ring and also and more importantly my mesh cover. I've never liked the ugly aluminum one currently have.
Never ordered myself but I heard they had good products.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top