- Joined
- Nov 25, 2014
- Messages
- 2,792
- Reaction score
- 3,679
- Location
- Illinois
- What state or country do you live in
- Illinois
Excellent news!! I'm very very close to moving over my first two fish into the display and purchase new fish for QT!!
Extreme Davinci Clownfish
Issues/concerns overcome:
Then comes my next purchase to Live Aquaria.. as of now, my plan is:

Extreme Davinci Clownfish
Issues/concerns overcome:
- Temperature/Heater Run Time - My heaters were on CONSTANTLY! I checked the on-off logging through Apex and due to the basements cool 71 degrees, I was shocked to see that two 300W heaters were barely keeping up.
- I opened vents in the basement to get additional heat from the furnace and raised the room temperature to around 75F
- I added glass tops, purchased glass cuts from Ace Hardware.
After doing both of these changes, my heaters now run a more normal schedule which also knocked off $15/mo on the electrical bill 

- Ammonia/Nitrite Cycle - My system finally processes 1ppm ammonia in 24 hours! I probably should have been dosing ammonia all along but I just recently purchased a bottle of ammonia chloride and dosed enough to raise by 256g to 1ppm. First time I did this it took around 4 days to show normal on my Seachem Ammonia badge. This last round, it took less than 24 hours.
Then comes my next purchase to Live Aquaria.. as of now, my plan is:
- 1x Midas Blenny (Maldives)
- 3x Zebra Barred Dartfish
- 3x Cardinalfish



