Crab's 40G Breeder Mixed Reef Tank

Very tiny update: Today starts the mark of a new adventure for me. Going to start dosing 2 part instead of Kent Marine additives. Going to let Fritz salt take care of minor trace elements, and use the BRS 2 part for dosing calc and alk. Let me know your experiences and if you have any tips or tricks for me :)
FDgHy0Lh.jpg
hey crabs where did ya get the pumps on top of those jugs?
 
like that stand a lot better.i hope ya had some help with the swap out.
I didnt actually. I was all on my own...was an interesting night.
 
I also picked up a new millipora todag. It's the infamous boom corals unicorn snot millipora. It's a shame I dont have a better camera because this coral is absolutely gorgeous!

View attachment 20180603_143408.jpg
 
Small update
I ventured into the great unknown!
I got rid of the power center with individual on off switches and got myself an aquarium controller. Found a killer deal in a reef keeper lite plus. Two power bars, slx module, sl1 module and net module.
20180618_180201.jpg
20180618_180139.jpg
 
It's monday everyone! And I figured what better way to brighten up a gloomy first work day of the week, than with an updated FTS!
ki6h5F0l.jpg

And here are some of the corals that are making a remarkable recovery and growing like crazy :)
xWk1Aftl.jpg

1MqIQxDl.jpg

6bL7ECwl.jpg

vk9PR1Rl.jpg
 
Looking great Zach. I like the look without much sand.
 
Im in the process of slowly removing the sand. The look of bare bottom has really grown on me thanks to @DSC reef
And to think, our next build might have sand....;Hilarious Gotta keep you on your toes:p Seriously though, to think our tank was an inspiration is very humbling. Thanks man.
 
And to think, our next build might have sand....;Hilarious Gotta keep you on your toes:p Seriously though, to think our tank was an inspiration is very humbling. Thanks man.
Keep me on my toes! Is that suppose to be a joke! You know I am lacking in that area!:eek::eek::eek: :D:P;Hilarious;Hilarious
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top