Do i need to change my di resin?

Just that one though right? Are they universal? Or do I need to find one that fits that unit specifically?
I buy universal cartridges so should be. You can take housing with you to confirm if buying local
 
Just that one though right? Are they universal? Or do I need to find one that fits that unit specifically?
Just that one, just find one that has the same size ports(probably 3/8 inch) where the they screw in. Or another option is bulkreefsupply, they sell them ready to go with the water line already attached. Your water lines are 1/4 inch.
 
It is also possible that everything is plumbed correctly and that your DI cartridge has the 2 separate resins one on top of the other, rather than mixed throughout. SpectraPure silica buster DI cartridges are (or at least used to be) filled this way...
 
Just that one, just find one that has the same size ports(probably 3/8 inch) where the they screw in. Or another option is bulkreefsupply, they sell them ready to go with the water line already attached. Your water lines are 1/4 inch.

How's that? I'll take fittings from my old one
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It is also possible that everything is plumbed correctly and that your DI cartridge has the 2 separate resins one on top of the other, rather than mixed throughout. SpectraPure silica buster DI cartridges are (or at least used to be) filled this way...
It's refillable, I refilled mine from a BRS refill kit.
 
It appears discolored and many come with color change feature. Your TDS and resin color will determine need
Look at first post to see his. His resin is coloring from top down and is getting 8 TDS after the resin
 
It's refillable, I refilled mine from a BRS refill kit.
Then somehow your flow is backwards as many have said. You can test that by putting empty cartridge in the housing with no water in it, then letting flow start. If water comes down the outside of the canister, flow is correct. If it comes down middle, the flow is backward.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top