Eightline Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus octotaenia)

I don't mind them both male as long as they get along, haha. I was excited about one because of their color but having two would be extraordinary.

I guess in the long run having to sell a male eight line won't be terrible as I'll probably be able to recoup my money on it.
 
Yeah, I'm over trying to keep M/F fairy/flasher pairs as well. I always end up with males too.

However, I am having great luck keeping a M/F pair of Halichoeres timorensis, but that's an entirely different subject.
 
I only buy males for the most part too. My males flash at each other and sometimes even their own reflection, they don't need females.
 
I buy mostly males as well but I like to mix it up sometimes. I have three females wrasses right now out of about 10 total not including the wrasses I'll get this week.....female 8 line and male Hooded
 
I ended up getting another female, figured with 2-3'' female one will turn male pretty soon. LA did a great job fixing the mixup. I asked for another female and they had no problem sending another one for the same price
 
I ended up getting another female, figured with 2-3'' female one will turn male pretty soon. LA did a great job fixing the mixup. I asked for another female and they had no problem sending another one for the same price

Awesome...so you are getting 2 females? When are you getting them?
 
yeah, two females. Both around 3''. They'll be here thursday. Cant wait to see them
 
Turned mine down today when Liveaquaria called. I'm a bit leary adding an eightline in the first place after hearing of their aggression. So adding a female alone might make matters worse. I'll be patient. LOL
 
Turned mine down today when Liveaquaria called. I'm a bit leary adding an eightline in the first place after hearing of their aggression. So adding a female alone might make matters worse. I'll be patient. LOL

Curious on what you heard about them Brad? Any links or pages would be awesome for us please.
 
I know i just had to move a male because it got its *** (butt) kicked by a dracula goby...

k3v
 
I'm kinda worried about my rubripinnis, he can be a little feisty at times.
 
Haha, thats funny Kev. In your own tank or the one for PIA?

It was in our holding system. I don't have a 8-Line in my personal tank. I'm only working with a 40g Breeder at the moment. Soon to upgrade to a 60g cube.

Potter's Wrasse / Johnsoni (Terminal male) / Yellow Watchman Pair / Harlequin Shrimp Pair

Bell's pair in QT... green chromis, zebra blenny and hawaiian cleaner shrimp in my sump.

Kevin
 
Last edited:
There's a female on the docket in today's DD preview, for anyone who didn't notice. I won't be near a computer near the important hour today...
 
Haha. I'm glad they are releasing them on DD since my female is coming from DD. Makes me feel like she is 'ready' to be shipped.
 
I'm still kinda bummed about paying extra for shipping and not getting two females. haha. I'm sure I could've added another female for the same price I purchased the other one.
 
I'm still kinda bummed about paying extra for shipping and not getting two females. haha. I'm sure I could've added another female for the same price I purchased the other one.

I was gonna say it was worth a phone call but didn't you say yours had arrived? If so....where the heck are the pictures? haha
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top