FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Interesting data point though. You seem to have enviable success with spawning, yet I have heard moonlights are crucial to it.
My goal is to setup another system I have for spawning acros and torches intentionally and will be running moonlights on that one.

For my successes currently, just dumb luck. How I basically roll with my personal life as well. ;)
 
My goal is to setup another system I have for spawning acros and torches intentionally and will be running moonlights on that one.

For my successes currently, just dumb luck. How I basically roll with my personal life as well. ;)
Isn't that how you ended up with several of your own frags...dumb luck? :zany-face:
 
My goal is to setup another system I have for spawning acros and torches intentionally and will be running moonlights on that one.

For my successes currently, just dumb luck. How I basically roll with my personal life as well. ;)
It may also be as simple as growing super beasts in healthy thriving systems. Can't wait to get some of your gear in my tank:D I'd love to see you throw some moonlight on your current system before you set up your new spawning system just to see what happens. Are you still growing those crazy bounce shrooms?
 
@FarmerTy
In the Coral July/August 2023 issue, there is an article on the successful captive sexual reproduction of Goniopora and Euphyllia at Inter-Fish Pty Ltd. Very interesting read.
I think in the very near future, we will be able to successfully raise SPS and LPS from sexual reproduction. There will be a drive to have special colorful corals so the need for fragging will always be there. Perhaps the Sexual reproduction will be the source of particular strikingly beautiful truly captive bred designer corals.

Inter-Fish Facebook page
 
It may also be as simple as growing super beasts in healthy thriving systems. Can't wait to get some of your gear in my tank:D I'd love to see you throw some moonlight on your current system before you set up your new spawning system just to see what happens. Are you still growing those crazy bounce shrooms?
Maybe I’ll toss moonlights on the main system and do the whole spawning setup on the backup system and see if they have similar results.

Yeah, still got some good bounces growing in the background at the shop and also a bunch of other popular mushroom variants as well.
 
@FarmerTy
In the Coral July/August 2023 issue, there is an article on the successful captive sexual reproduction of Goniopora and Euphyllia at Inter-Fish Pty Ltd. Very interesting read.
I think in the very near future, we will be able to successfully raise SPS and LPS from sexual reproduction. There will be a drive to have special colorful corals so the need for fragging will always be there. Perhaps the Sexual reproduction will be the source of particular strikingly beautiful truly captive bred designer corals.

Inter-Fish Facebook page
Thanks for the tag Orion! That is my hope that we can breed SPS and LPS in the near future as we have no clue what the wild stock is going to go through in the next couple of decades of intense warming of the planet.
 
Tiger Torch with blue base
F2D53FB7-F6E3-4CA8-A243-BE1CE68D1DEFsummer2023-67.jpeg

POTO Blue Bomber
D5C06C7D-9763-48C9-8CEE-561805157122summer2023-51.jpeg

OG Godzilla Bounce Yuma
738B9205-B6F7-428F-B4A1-F61E6FC954D6summer2023-31-2.jpeg
 
Let’s see, there are Malaysian sun gods, hellfire, holy grails, dragon souls, BKChem The Grinch, tiger torch, and one more I forget the name. Oddest thing is I don’t own a green torch but there’s definitely some green ones in there. Interesting.
7FE60F57-AAD7-437E-833D-B542B5514057summer2023-74.jpeg

Wow!
 
Anyone heard from FarmerTy? Messaged him 3 weeks ago, no response. No updates here. Strange. Hope he’s okay.
He's been off social media for a few weeks. Hopefully, he's just on summer vacation or something.
 
Anyone heard from FarmerTy? Messaged him 3 weeks ago, no response. No updates here. Strange. Hope he’s okay.
I’m alive!!! Sorry, took a last minute trip before summer and then been in get the kids back to school mode the last couple weeks. Thanks for checking on me. You get one acro pic. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

64624054-F974-4FEF-B4B5-299A6F54C724SM-3.jpeg
 
He's been off social media for a few weeks. Hopefully, he's just on summer vacation or something.
Ding ding ding… you are correct sir. You get one mushroom pic. :p
AD89E988-071D-43B4-9A77-40C66E5E9141SM-19.jpeg
 
Ding ding ding… you are correct sir. You get one mushroom pic. :p
AD89E988-071D-43B4-9A77-40C66E5E9141SM-19.jpeg
Amazing pic. I accept. I also want to get a few frags from you now that you are back on the coral slinging grind. I redid my personal tank and need a few FarmerTy originals. Also, I am ashamed to say that i do not have an Oregon Tort growing in my care. I need to remedy that.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top