FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

[emoji41]
eba37390648ff15df39bfee7f6817729.gif
 
Got my 2nd SBREEF Actinic bar in yesterday. I'm very pleased with the results. I was afraid having two actinic bars would make the tank too blue but since I run a whiter combo of T5 bulbs, it worked perfect to keep me around a 12k-14k spectrum but with a ton of pop from the actinic bars.

The perfect balance of pop without being overly blue for me!
d2addefe11db984269da1721af287fdc.jpg
 
Got my 2nd SBREEF Actinic bar in yesterday. I'm very pleased with the results. I was afraid having two actinic bars would make the tank too blue but since I run a whiter combo of T5 bulbs, it worked perfect to keep me around a 12k-14k spectrum but with a ton of pop from the actinic bars.

The perfect balance of pop without being overly blue for me!
d2addefe11db984269da1721af287fdc.jpg
Why sb and not Reefbrite?
 
Why sb and not Reefbrite?
They use actinic Cree diodes and also add violet diodes as well. Fixture is also a clean looking aluminum housing that looks way better than the XHO Reefbrite fixture I used to have. Comes with a dimmer as well though I can't remember if the Reefbrite comes with a dimmer or not.
 
Fantastic as always!
Thanks Bronc! Every SPS guy always talks about that 1-year mark where everything is just happy in the tank. Well, I'm about 2 weeks out from being in the new house for a year now.
 
Top down shots of the right side of the tank. I haven't filled this side out as much yet. I have some of my colonies and frags still waiting in the frag tank ready to be glued but just need some free time and inspiration to get it done. The inspiration is the big part as I don't just want to plop down frags but really think about their placement.

IMG_20180312_224832.jpg


IMG_20180312_224947.jpg


IMG_20180312_225056.jpg


IMG_20180313_003039.jpg


IMG_20180313_003102.jpg
 
Its on! Got me this combo yesterday thanks to a local reefer. Took some shots and then realized, I got a whole lot to learn.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top