FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

I got a pretty big chunk from a guy in exchange for emptying my frag tank into his display. [emoji22]
But it has healed at an incredible rate... Came in as 3 separate pieces and now it's fused all into one.
 
you don’t have the one from John Copps anymore?
I still have Copps 1" frag.

I was talking to this guy for 4 months to buy a chunk, and we settled on a swap of a ton of my corals for a chunker of his 20k. But communication was sparse, like one response back to me every 2 weeks... He travels a lot for work.

So I kinda gave up on it and bought the Copps 1" frag. Then this guy comes back out of nowhere and says deal is still on, so I went with it and got a mini colony as well. I put a piece of his right against the Copps one for verification and they grew right into each other so to me, that was proof enough that his was also a legit 20k lokani as I trust Copps to have the real deal.
 
We don't do hot weather in England very well, ok, I didn't plan for the weather, lost my lokani and 2 other deep waters to high temp, that is lovely.
 
We don't do hot weather in England very well, ok, I didn't plan for the weather, lost my lokani and 2 other deep waters to high temp, that is lovely.
Yeah, if people thought owning acros was self-abuse in general... People who keep deep waters take it to a whole other level. [emoji23]
 
I will be buying a chiller / heater over the winter when I save up, that will not happen again! ;)
I probably need to hook up my chiller for just in case scenarios. Thanks for the warning.
 
I probably need to hook up my chiller for just in case scenarios. Thanks for the warning.

One of the guys in my club (SoCal) plumbed his 400g DT with a 260g outdoor sump. He never had a problem until this years heat waves... His tank hit 89*. Prior to that having his sump outside meant his tank never overheated.
 
One of the guys in my club (SoCal) plumbed his 400g DT with a 260g outdoor sump. He never had a problem until this years heat waves... His tank hit 89*. Prior to that having his sump outside meant his tank never overheated.
I think I've seen his sump. Yeah, that would fail in the Spring in Texas... Wouldn't even have to hit summer. It was 103 yesterday. [emoji24]
 
Ty you read this before?
https://reefbuilders.com/2017/05/17/acropora-millepora/

He mentioned millepora color pops up during dry season when the water becomes clearer and colder. I wonder if that’s the case no one can pull the color from CC heaven and hell.
Slap a chiller on your tank and let me know ZZ! [emoji16]

I think the pictures of the wild colonies in that article pretty much is proof in the pudding. Take those gorgeous colonies, put them under blue lights immediately when imported, take a picture, push the saturation slider until it almost falls off on the right, and presto, got the mother colony of Heaven and Hell. [emoji12] There's a lot of sarcasm in all that because that's just how I am in person but I do believe it was a very newly imported colony under actinics before it transitioned to captive conditions, never to be the same again.
 
Slap a chiller on your tank and let me know ZZ! [emoji16]

I think the pictures of the wild colonies in that article pretty much is proof in the pudding. Take those gorgeous colonies, put them under blue lights immediately when imported, take a picture, push the saturation slider until it almost falls off on the right, and presto, got the mother colony of Heaven and Hell. [emoji12] There's a lot of sarcasm in all that because that's just how I am in person but I do believe it was a very newly imported colony under actinics before it transitioned to captive conditions, never to be the same again.

Haha you are too funny. I was going to ask you jump on this. I can barely control it under 79.
 
Haha you are too funny. I was going to ask you jump on this. I can barely control it under 79.
We live in Texas ZZ. We need to find a buddy who lives a little further north of us to try this. My average tank temp is 81.

Any takers? [emoji16]
 
Slap a chiller on your tank and let me know ZZ! [emoji16]

I think the pictures of the wild colonies in that article pretty much is proof in the pudding. Take those gorgeous colonies, put them under blue lights immediately when imported, take a picture, push the saturation slider until it almost falls off on the right, and presto, got the mother colony of Heaven and Hell. [emoji12] There's a lot of sarcasm in all that because that's just how I am in person but I do believe it was a very newly imported colony under actinics before it transitioned to captive conditions, never to be the same again.
If u go to the original thread about heaven and hell he said he only had it for two weeks when he took the picture what u speak seems to be the truth to me slide that saturation till it glows
 
If u go to the original thread about heaven and hell he said he only had it for two weeks when he took the picture what u speak seems to be the truth to me slide that saturation till it glows
Thanks Justin! I've seen enough wild milles imported that my best guess was that was how it played out. Thanks for confirming!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top