If you had to replace your return pump tomorrow, what would you get?

Just another Jebao (Dc-20000). Pushes a lot of water.
Three years running so far, for the price, I’ll just replace.

I have the 15000 and the only thing I would change is getting a smaller model because mine only runs at about 25%.
 
I have a Vectra M2, and its a great pump but becuase I am going the Hydros route I want it to work with all that gear, so I would probably look at a Varios if I had to replace my Vectra.
 
I love my Simplicity pump, almost two years and never had ONE PROBLEM. For the price it's great. I would buy another.
 
RO Varios if internal, Iwaki or Reeflo if external. Reasons, quiet, reliable, and easy to find parts if needed.
 
Just another Jebao (Dc-20000). Pushes a lot of water.
Three years running so far, for the price, I’ll just replace.
You know I own 2 cor 20s and one vectra l2. Don't get me wrong I happen to really like them but they generate and insane amount of heat. Hot enough that I still continue to run my jebao return pumps.

My main display return jebao has been running for 6 years straight without any calcification inside the impeller. Pretty safe to say even the cheap route is just as good as the expensive pumps that are currently available
 
I own 2 abyzz and quite a few jebeo pumps.

Hopefully never have to replace the abyzz lol. But info did, it would be the same. Warranty is nuts on them and they will crush a snail and spit it out without missing a lick lol.

The smaller tanks would get the jebeo pumps over and over. Most are 3 years old and running strong. Buy oversized pumps and turn power down. Make the cheapo pumps last a long time lol.
 
I learnt years ago to ALWAYS have a backup pump on hand, they will break at the most inconvenient time. Had a deltec break many years back and had to be sent to Germany, it was over Christmas and my LFS was shut, this was before online was a big thing. It was a painful experience.
Now I have two Red Dragon 3’s and I rotate them every 3 months or so for cleaning.
 
Vectra s2! Ecotech has earn my trust. I run everything Ecotech, just missing the versa and vectra. I currently run a sicce pump but saving up for a vectra s2
 
Vectra, I have a pair of S1s and love them. Honestly though the biggest requirement for me is DC due to heat and power requirements.
 
Reef Octopus Varios, Maxspect Jump, and the Rossmont Riser - these are all solid and cover a wide range of price points and functionality.
 
I will go way back to the back of the closet

1604446764408.jpeg



Maxspect jump. Wait. I already did this

Actually I just replaced my 10 year Ehiem with the Maxspect jump. What a pump. Small, powerful, dead silent. Great price. Can’t say enough good things so far
 
Iwaki for my external pump (10 years and still going strong) and liking the Varios on my two tanks w/ submersed pumps although not enough experience with them to know if I would replace with the same brand (both are pretty new - installed one today and the other has been going for about 4 months).
 
I am really torn between vectra for the fact of the back up battery, and varios because it's just an awesome pump. And super easy to clean
 
The cheapest most energy efficient one I could find. Without a lot of 'stuff' that can become problematic. Probably a Sicce
Sicce is a solid brand for sure.
 
I recently got a jebao DC pump to try the controllability on a return for a lagoon/frag tank, but I must say I've been running two sicce for 6+ years and those things are ROCK solid. I am terrible about cleaning them yet they just keep chugging away. Never had an impeller break or a pump go out and they ALWAYS start up when I plug them in.
 
I’d use it as an excuse to splurge on the one I want for my loop system: the Eflux 1900.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top