Let’s see if I can extend the cable for my replacement Maxspect Gyre XF330 ….
I’m going to use the old non working XF330 control cord as my sacrifice as well as a Hygger extension cable I bought hoping it would fit - but it didn’t — but the wires are the same gauge and voltage rating.
The new XF330 control cord numbers state:
• 20AWG
• 300v
Let’s cut into the XF330 control cord to see what we got:
Red, Black, and Yellow wires.
Using a multimeter I tested continuity to know which color went to which pole.
Then matched the pin alignment to that of the Hygger extension cable since I’ll use this wires first to use the quick disconnect. I used the notch as my orientation for both cables. The “Earth” or Yellow wires were both at the center below the notch.
So it was just a soldering exercise to match the cords, heat shrink the soldered parts …
Then heat shrink the whole bunch.
This also allows me to disconnect the pump for cleaning with the new quick disconnect.
Next is to cut a notch into my lid
…luckily the TopLid is a polycarbonate material and using a stepper drill I was able to crudely cut through it easily. But I think it turned out ok. It looks fine when I’m not staring at it from the top.
Now the pump is running in the tank with the cable going down the side and under the cabinet all the way to the other side into the control cabinet. And the lid is now fit snugly again over the tank.
Now I’ll do this again for the other pump so I can have both running at this end of the Cade. But I need to get more wire so that means it’ll be for another day.