Jebao WP-40 Unboxing and Review

I'm considering getting severl of these for my system but no one has them locally for me to see. So, I got a couple questions that maybe someone can answer. 1) How long are the cords for the power head and the controller? 2) what's the diameter if the magnet that goes on the outside of the glass? I know, silly questions but I wanna see if I can make them work for the areas I need them in.
 
power cord's are 5', 5' from plug to dc converter 5' from dc converter to controller and 5' from controller to power head
the magnet is the same as koralia about 2 3/4"

these pumps cant be compared to koralia "totally different animal" it would take 3-4 koralia 1400's to compare
 
magnet is 3" round,1/2" thick.Cord from PH to controller is 8'.from controller to to power supply is 1'.from power supply to plug is about 6'
 
Thanks for the information! My main concern was the magnet size. I have grooves on the sides of my fiberglass tanks and the koralia magnets fit perfectly between the grooves and I didn't want to try modifying anything to make these work.
 
Whats the point in spending all that money on those things and not running them at speed? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy another powerhead for the GPH your going to actually run it at?

your automobile probable registers 120 mph or there about, but you don't drive it at that speed all the time I'm sure....

I buy bigger because I have the power available if I need it later, and running a piece of equipment at half throttle is easier on it than running it wide open, it will run cooler and last longer...

those are my main reason for buying over sized equipment...
 
Whats the point in spending all that money on those things and not running them at speed? Wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy another powerhead for the GPH your going to actually run it at?
Actually, they're rather inexpensive. One reason is: they don't make a smaller one than the 25.
 
Uh oh that's quit a difference. Maybe two different models?

I have the new model wp40 if that matters? I used a tape and measured the cords all 3 are 5'

these pumps are impressive I have 2 in my 180g both are on w1 setting on lowest power setting or the sand wont stay down. I had just the one pump running for a min and waves were breaking over the edge of the tank


as far as being expensive I spent around $100 for 2 evo 1400's and for $125 I had 2 wp40 pumps delivered to my door!

3x evo 1400's + controller = $200+, 1x wp40 $62.50 ummmmmm is there really someone saying these are expensive?????
 
Last edited:
I have the old one.2 4' tank side by side.controller on one end and the ph reach the other end with room to play.I know that it's atleast 8' long.The one wp40 put 2 mp10 and 2 mod tunze 6045 that I use to have to shame.For the flow that you get,i consider the wp40 dirt cheap.The wp40 make a whirlpool on the other end of a 4' tank.Show me another $85 PH that can do that
 
Last edited:
These things have pretty much shaken up the pump industry. I vastly prefer them to when I had MP40s in my tank.

Hooked up to a reef angel, I have all the Vortech modes, plus custom ones, plus the Jebao ones. Mine are 5 months running strong.

Better flow, better control, $800+ less. The only thing Vortechs have on them are being external. The only thing Tunze has on them is a better warranty, and different parts used.

I personally feel Ecotech and Tunze vastly overpriced their pumps, and kept them that way for far too long due to lack of competition. They will both take a huge hit from value conscious buyers going with these.
 
These things have pretty much shaken up the pump industry. I vastly prefer them to when I had MP40s in my tank.

Hooked up to a reef angel, I have all the Vortech modes, plus custom ones, plus the Jebao ones. Mine are 5 months running strong.

Better flow, better control, $800+ less. The only thing Vortechs have on them are being external. The only thing Tunze has on them is a better warranty, and different parts used.

I personally feel Ecotech and Tunze vastly overpriced their pumps, and kept them that way for far too long due to lack of competition. They will both take a huge hit from value conscious buyers going with these.

+1 and then some.

There are people out there that hate China and Chinese products so much they would rather pay $450 for an MP40, but that's their problem. I'll have 4 WP25's in 3 of my tanks for 2/3rds the cost of 1 MP40. And the same scenario applies to EverGrow leds... but unlike Jebao, EverGrow stands behind their products.
 
I love the things and am glad I waited for the newest 1F controller with the S1, S2 and S3 functions.
I ordered the new controller from fish street the same day I installed the pump...cost like $13. We'll see how that compares against the old controller. I'll try to do a review on that as well.
 
I have two wp40s on my 265 gallon dt. One with the old controller and one with the new. Honestly neither one is better than the other. I have them both in else mode I guess if you want a constant stream then having the newer controller might be better, but if you use the else mode most of the time they both would be the same
 
the new controllers you can adjust the pumps power so times the old settings by 3 thats how many new settings are on the new model
 
Its nice to see a review with someone who has had the pump for a bit. they seem so new I haven't read much on how they hold up yet. I know three months isn't to long but so far sounds good.
I put one on my 180 gallon FOWLR.Its been running for about 3 months flawlessly.
 
Im running a 90g corner. Its oddly shaped and mainly rock work. sand is just around the front. So I think ill be ok. But I have read else mode seems to be what everyone uses
what size tank? with 2 pumps in my 180 I have 1 running on else and the other on w1 or my sand wont stay down
 
no, they are so much cheaper because they piggy backed off another product's r&d. you can virtually copy something, and sell it for a lot less if you didnt have to pay the money to design and research it yourself. it's poor business.
 
no, they are so much cheaper because they piggy backed off another product's r&d. you can virtually copy something, and sell it for a lot less if you didnt have to pay the money to design and research it yourself. it's poor business.

But awesome pumps :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top