kmaintl's Oceanic 120g Tech - New Clownfish World

Photo from Brett from Salt Lake City. This Gonzo's Colorado Sunburst BTA would be a great addition!!!

SunburstBTABrett1.jpg


SunburstBTABrett2.jpg
 
Last edited:
WOW! that bta is sweet!! You get the best stuff I ever seen. I need hookups like you got. You must be single or have a very understanding wife:kiss:
 
WOW! that bta is sweet!! You get the best stuff I ever seen. I need hookups like you got. You must be single or have a very understanding wife:kiss:
It's the latter... here's a thread where the last photo is of my wife, 3 of 4 grandkids and myself on family vacation last month. the only reason why she doesn't blink an eye is i've never touch household funds for any of my toys for almost a decade now, not a dollar... so, I don't have to ask her if it's OK. LoL :bigsmile:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fi...angelfish-thanksgiving-day-2.html#post1130012
 
Last edited:
Still no fishes in the 120g Clownfish Tank yet... a few nems only and they're doing fine. In the meantime, you can enjoy my 175g FOWLR tank.

[video=youtube;1OkVcxKFSKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkVcxKFSKU[/video]

 
Nice to see an update. :)

That Sunburst BTA would be a very nice addition. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Just a teaser!

[video=youtube;OSjWCzhqzcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjWCzhqzcE[/video]


Gonzo's Colorado Sunburst BTA.jpg
 
Keeps getting better. How far are you now from putting fishes in the clownfish tank? Any other fishes besides the clowns planned?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Keeps getting better. How far are you now from putting fishes in the clownfish tank? Any other fishes besides the clowns planned?

I loss some of the original Picassos and had a few local talk me into selling some to them to begin their breeding program. So, still far from choosing what I'm going to have in terms of fishes. In terms of nems, I'm almost there. Just looking for one more nem, but they haven't been available.

Good news is it seems both my Wyoming pair and my Phantom pair are getting along with the Picassos. I didn't have that luck with the Black Ice and SnowOnyx earlier. I just replaced one of my Phantoms as it got too large and was aggressive with the other fishes. Still looking for a better smaller Phantom to go with my HELLO KITTY one.
 
Last edited:
I loss some of the original Picassos and had a few local talk me into selling some to them to begin their breeding program. So, still far from choosing what I'm going to have in terms of fishes. In terms of nems, I'm almost there. Just looking for one more nem, but they haven't been available.

Good news is it seems both my Wyoming pair and my Phantom pair are getting along with the Picassos. I didn't have that luck with the Black Ice and SnowOnyx earlier. I just replaced one of my Phantoms as it got too large and was aggressive with the other fishes. Still looking for a better smaller Phantom to go with my HELLO KITTY one.
nice! would like to see a teaser vid of the clowns together. :wink:
 
nice! would like to see a teaser vid of the clowns together. :wink:
I bet I know exactly what's going through your head... how can Ed take so long to do everything? Months to cycle his tank, months to choose clowns and months to gather his nems and nothing still in his Clownfish tank. LoL This must be one of the slowest tank build thread ever. Well, in truth, I've been in the hobby over 27 years now and nothing has to be rush with me any longer. I know that starting from dry dead rock and cyling the tank, the tank has to be aged at least 6 months after fully cycled before the parameters are stable, and the nems go in. I put in a tester nem in the 120g a little over a month ago and it seems to be doing OK, so I put in 2x more this month. The Sunburst won't go in awhile as I want to stablize it from the shock of shipping and being moved for the very first time. Once I have all the nems in, I will look at what clowns to put together to go into the new Clownfish World. LoL

Marv, Sorry, it's so painful for you to watch a slow tank thread. LoL It will be all worth it in a few more months.
 
Last edited:
I bet I know exactly what's going through your head... how can Ed take so long to do everything? Months to cycle his tank, months to choose clowns and months to gather his nems and nothing still in his Clownfish tank. LoL This must be one of the slowest tank build thread ever. Well, in truth, I've been in the hobby over 27 years now and nothing has to be rush with me any longer. I know that starting from dry dead rock and cyling the tank, the tank has to be aged at least 6 months after fully cycled before the parameters are stable, and the nems go in. I put in a tester nem in the 120g a little over a month ago and it seems to be doing OK, so I put in 2x more this month. The Sunburst won't go in awhile as I want to stablize it from the shock of shipping and being moved for the very first time. Once I have all the nems in, I will look at what clowns to put together to go into the new Clownfish World. LoL

Marv, Sorry, it's so painful for you to watch a slow tank thread. LoL It will be all worth it in a few more months.
:hammer:

not at all. I really commend yah on being patient. something everyone can learn from. :)

I'm just really curious what you have brewing in regards to your clowns. ;)
 
:hammer:

not at all. I really commend yah on being patient. something everyone can learn from. :)

I'm just really curious what you have brewing in regards to your clowns. ;)

To be totally honest... I'm not sure myself yet. So much to choose from. I wouldn't mind having a few of yours... LoL
 
I'm so happy to see my anemone got such a good new home! It is looking healthy and happy! Can't wait to see the progress and maybe a couple clowns hosting it! Definitely following along!

Brett
 
I'm so happy to see my anemone got such a good new home! It is looking healthy and happy! Can't wait to see the progress and maybe a couple clowns hosting it! Definitely following along!

Brett
Thanks for giving up your prize nem, it's doing well.
 
Beautiful sunburst Ed. If I took as much care as you in prepping, I'd probably have saved myself a lot of pain with my tank.

I do wonder what a hello kitty clownfish looks like though. Does it look like a kitty? haha
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top