Pico Reef Tank Build Thread - Lifegard 3.8

Kessil blues bringing out the ultra in the rock flower anemones and the ricordea mushrooms

9C5FE4E0-5D8A-48B1-8294-3C86AAEB8944.jpeg
84405995-C720-4EDF-8B82-EB6F89EFE6A5.jpeg
A1C72EF2-DB07-4C71-8EC4-1BC332B2C5A5.jpeg
843E6954-C2A4-4F5E-9118-A51E1C7DCA95.jpeg
29C6D72E-70FC-426B-AE66-45565DD0026B.jpeg
65D8E286-1D47-4523-99E6-3721C3AA4FE6.jpeg
9B55F308-B7E1-461D-A7F4-CD2DBF58EDEF.jpeg
 
Have you had any problems with the return pump chamber emptying?

Even with the Sicce Nano on its lowest setting it keeps emptying the chamber and then blows bubbles.

I'm thinking the only ways to fix this is to use a less powerful pump, or grind out the glass in the return slots (which will require me to strip the tank down and start again).

Also, my Sicce Nano rattles. Does yours do the same? The Sicce 0.5 on my Evo is much quieter.

Had the same issue with my 3.8. I noticed it only happens if the InTank basket is hanging on the baffle. If you allow the media basket to touch the bottom of the chamber, then the return chamber never gets low on water.

Have a Sicce Nano also and it doesn't rattle. It's sitting on the OE foam pad for the Lifegard pump.
 
Had the same issue with my 3.8. I noticed it only happens if the InTank basket is hanging on the baffle. If you allow the media basket to touch the bottom of the chamber, then the return chamber never gets low on water.

Have a Sicce Nano also and it doesn't rattle. It's sitting on the OE foam pad for the Lifegard pump.

Amazing!

Moving my inTank basket also seems to have solved my levels problem. I can only think that the 'hanger' (if it is indeed a hanger) pulls the basket closer to the wall and then it gets sucked against the baffle, reducing the flow.

The pump also seems to have quietened down as well.
 
Amazing!

Moving my inTank basket also seems to have solved my levels problem. I can only think that the 'hanger' (if it is indeed a hanger) pulls the basket closer to the wall and then it gets sucked against the baffle, reducing the flow.

The pump also seems to have quietened down as well.
Good to hear!
 
Gorgeous RFAs, where did you get them if you don't mind me asking? Very cool tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top