Raising Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya, next step, pt1

Most dendros looking great. No atrophy only the scares they already have

20180817_172114.jpg


20180817_172032.jpg


20180817_172024.jpg
 
Nerver seen it.
Tim Wijgerde wrote about some possible parasitic animal on Dendronephthya in one of his articles I think.
It consumed one of my dendronephthya, 1 1/2 months ago. I moved oysters from DT to test tank in the morning . And eventually found on the glass this evening. Bummer

It is beautiful.
 
Last edited:
within the hour baby dendronephthya
Standing upright and polyps opened. Was on its side and polyps semi close for 4 days. Has growth on stalk. Waiting for it to attach onto crush coral
Approximately 3/4" tall

Screenshot_20180818-192020.png


20180818_191732.jpg


Screenshot_20180818-191713.png


@Sallstrom, better get a move on it. Baby dendronephthya coming. I have one other single polyp dendro, on carousel, growing.
 
Last edited:
within the hour baby dendronephthya
Standing upright and polyps opened. Was on its side and polyps semi close for 4 days. Has growth on stalk. Waiting for it to attach onto crush coral
Approximately 3/4" tall

Screenshot_20180818-192020.png


20180818_191732.jpg


Screenshot_20180818-191713.png


@Sallstrom, better get a move on it. Baby dendronephthya coming. I have one other single polyp dendro, on carousel, growing.
Daww so cute! Did you cut these?
 
within the hour baby dendronephthya
Standing upright and polyps opened. Was on its side and polyps semi close for 4 days. Has growth on stalk. Waiting for it to attach onto crush coral
Approximately 3/4" tall

Screenshot_20180818-192020.png


20180818_191732.jpg


Screenshot_20180818-191713.png


@Sallstrom, better get a move on it. Baby dendronephthya coming. I have one other single polyp dendro, on carousel, growing.
Great work! They look healthy.

We increased our phytoplankton dosing last week, I'm afraid the polyp density has decreased on our Scleronephthya. The Dendronephthya still look okey, polyps out more mms than of the time.
Might upgrade our feeding more soon, try to steal some ideas from you ;)
 
@Jomama I have use your crazy idea to make a Chaeto juice and feed corals with it for three nights. In some of my LPS I see catch tentacles that I never seen before. Now I will try to get a baby from David and test with.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Great work! They look healthy.

We increased our phytoplankton dosing last week, I'm afraid the polyp density has decreased on our Scleronephthya. The Dendronephthya still look okey, polyps out more mms than of the time.
Might upgrade our feeding more soon, try to steal some ideas from you ;)
It's going to come down to right food. I increased food amount. This morning decreased. I add raw egg in my reciepts. In the egg it has amino acids, protein,bacteria, etc.....
 
Last edited:
@Jomama I have use your crazy idea to make a Chaeto juice and feed corals with it for three nights. In some of my LPS I see catch tentacles that I never seen before. Now I will try to get a baby from David and test with.

Sincerely Lasse
Which type baby coral? That's great, on food. Million Dollar idea. I'm not as dumb as I look.
 
I'm not as dumb as I look.

Lucky you :) :) :) :) :) I´m joking - but we from Gothenburg can´t resist to comment if we see an open door large as the one you left :)

Sincerely Lasse
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top