i quite agree with there statement. I sell plastic tubing for construction on line , and i follow the same guidelines.This might get heated up but let's talk about shipment delays due to weather/fedex/ups, etc. A lot of sellers have similar sentences as part of their shipping policy:
"We cannot be held responsible for FedEx delays or similar delays by the act of God."
"In the case of DOA, a clear picture must be submitted within ONE hour with the specimen in the original bag."
From a customer's perspective, I don't agree with the first statement and I think the second statement is quite intimidating.
When you purchase something from an online store, either it's a piece of furniture, a fresh basket of meat, or something else, you can confidently expect the seller to assume the responsibility of delivering their product to your home safely. If the package is lost, broken, or delayed so that the meat goes bad, they will ship you a new package. However in this hobby, the majority of sellers state very clearly that they will not cover the loss if your package is delayed by carrier. Since when have we tolerated these policies and how long will we continue to tolerate them? For me, they are unreasonable. I try not to buy from sellers with such statement. A seller should be responsible for getting their corals safely to the buyer's house and live arrival should always be guaranteed. Why should the buyer bear the loss? How can we change this trend?
For the second statement, I understand it. But I see a deep distrust from the seller's side...
Whatever your opinions are, please state them. This is an open conversation and I would love to hear from both sides.
Until you sell online you cannot imagine how many ways people will try and rip you off as a seller, even with something that cannot die, so sellers of coral have my deepest sympathies.
Just do what I do if you want to be safe , and if there is any bad or cold weather around, or its the time of year when things may get a bit snarled up, DONT ORDER



