Show off those great CUBE TANK AQUASCAPES!

I’d like to consider the Nuvo 40 a cube type tank, so here’s mine. :)
5F88D933-9B01-4B49-A41B-D8D7B8E759D6.jpeg
Great tank! That octopus is dope!
 
My first tank ever...

CUBE 20 Waterbox

Aquascaped with a very large rock resting on a smaller (dead coral) rock. Very simplistic but a nice statement I think. Super excited to be in the hobby.

Tank just finished cycling a few days ago and I just added my first fishes and corals. Check out my thread for continuous updates on the good, bad, and the (hopefully not so) ugly!
BC412495-6E0D-4889-8E51-6AC8EC63F35A.jpeg
034F0FB5-6136-42C9-9062-605D5D0EF4D3.jpeg
4EF021E2-6F99-4002-B318-8A336C349531.jpeg
 
Very nice! What are the dimensions of your cube? I’m about to go with a 40” x 40” x 40” however I’m thinking it will be hard to reach into the the tank to perform service. Reaching straight down is 40” but reaching across would be ~55” so I’m contemplating doing a 36” or 30” cube. Thanks.
I am getting ready to start on a 48x48x24. I'm 6'3 so I'll let you know how the reach is. LOL Its gotta be better than my trying to reach into my 210g (72x24x29) on 33 inch tall stand. I was on my tippy toes.
 
312t.jpg

I'm in the process of setting up a 48x48x24 (239g). I would love to see some rock scaping pictures if you took any.
Ted
I have a build thread here
 
That'll be nice. Especially 20 inches tall. I'm in the process of ordering the tank so it may be a while before I can post pictures of anything. Merry Christmas.
 
New to the hobby and currently cycling my tank. This is my current rock set up but not 100% happy. Tried to include caves and small spaces to hide with enough room to swim around and enough floor space. What do you guys think?

20191227_151416.jpg
 
New to the hobby and currently cycling my tank. This is my current rock set up but not 100% happy. Tried to include caves and small spaces to hide with enough room to swim around and enough floor space. What do you guys think?

20191227_151416.jpg
I would get a few smaller rocks and use them to create a smoother transition between the bigger rocks. If you are not happy with it then keep messing with it until it’s perfect because it will bother you later down the line. I might break one of the rocks into smaller pieces. You have the right idea of how a scape should be and I wish you luck with your new tank:)
 
Hey everyone! This is my Waterbox Cube 15! I’ve had it set up for about 2 months now, and everything seems to be almost too happy except for a gonipora frag that a hermit in our big tank used to keep flipping upside down. The livestock all get along really well, and my corals are growing alarmingly quickly. My peppermint shrimp have spawned, and I just caught a trochus snail releasing its gunk too! I’ve been very lucky so far :)

CAC3CC34-11A1-4C6C-819F-E08688FCF27E.jpeg 21DD0F6B-56FE-4CBA-BCB1-769D05736411.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top