Steelerfans 120g build from scratch (Pic intense)

Thank stand looks very solid! Are there plans online somewhere or did you come up with them yourself? I really like that there's no center brace in the front!
 
Also you said you didn't have a lot of tools, would you consider yourself very mechanically inclined though? Or do you think it's easier to build than it looks?
 
Thank stand looks very solid! Are there plans online somewhere or did you come up with them yourself? I really like that there's no center brace in the front!

I borrowed the design from another reefer and just made tiny changes but it was by no means my own idea. I also loved the fact that it came with no center brace and found that as long as you build it right you never have to have one.
 
Also you said you didn't have a lot of tools, would you consider yourself very mechanically inclined though? Or do you think it's easier to build than it looks?

I have always been a bit of a tinkerer and very detailed. I just figured out what needed to be done based upon different pics I saw.
 
Further steps into the actual look of the stand






IM000489.jpg







IM000490.jpg







The tank Is made out of maple with wood trim purchased from both HD & Lowes






IM000491.jpg







IM000492.jpg








Close up of the trim.....






IM000493.jpg
 
Right side......






IM000494.jpg







IM000495.jpg








Left side.....







IM000619.jpg








Made the insert for the stand out of the same maple wood






IM000620.jpg
 
Here is a front view of the stand with the insert installed






IM000621.jpg








and here is a pic with the tank on top of the stand






IM000622.jpg


Just kidding this is actually a tank I picked up in order to set up as a sump/ refugium
 
Thank you, I feel it definitely gives it a finished look (lol, just had to answer to both your posts)

Seems like this evening I have been having some issues with it double posting at times, lol only have been hitting the reply button once. Who knows what is going on?
 
This is one of the stains I decided to use






IM000625.jpg








and here are some pics of the sump in its new home






IM000626.jpg


IM000627.jpg


IM000628.jpg
 
Seems like this evening I have been having some issues with it double posting at times, lol only have been hitting the reply button once. Who knows what is going on?


That seems to happen every once in a while. Who knows, lol
 
I have never been fortunate enough to have a separate fish room so I have always been forced to make everything fit inside the stand. I was glad that I wen't with a 120g as it is 24" deep but once everything was said and done, this is all the space I had left over.






IM000629.jpg
 
Time for the canopy. I think many tanks look great without them but some need them, especially when building a stand like this one






IM000663.jpg







IM000664.jpg
 
I built the canopy frame out of pine to avoid excess weight sitting on the tank but the face is maple like the stand






IM000665.jpg




IM000662.jpg




IM000661.jpg
 
Here are a couple of pics of the tank sitting on it's new home






IM000644.jpg



IM000650.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top