This hobby has beaten and broke me down.

Hang in there @Breakthecycle2 . Your comments and advice on the forum as well as your knowledge would be lost forever if you gave up now. Please stay and help the new folks, please stay with it because it will turn around. Just reset your brain that you have to wait 76 days, don't add anything and let your corals thrive. That's what I'm doing and after 7 weeks, my corals are looking awesome. Just hang in, set a date by which you know you can add fish back and look forward to your new additions!! It's all downhill from here man, you've survived the hardest part, patience is something you are used to by now. You can make it and your tank will be the better off for it. Good luck Breaking this cycle of Ich!!! o_O:D
 
Hang in there @Breakthecycle2 . Your comments and advice on the forum as well as your knowledge would be lost forever if you gave up now. Please stay and help the new folks, please stay with it because it will turn around. Just reset your brain that you have to wait 76 days, don't add anything and let your corals thrive. That's what I'm doing and after 7 weeks, my corals are looking awesome. Just hang in, set a date by which you know you can add fish back and look forward to your new additions!! It's all downhill from here man, you've survived the hardest part, patience is something you are used to by now. You can make it and your tank will be the better off for it. Good luck Breaking this cycle of Ich!!! o_O:D

WOw, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. It's appreciated.
 
What does everyone do after they are done working in the QT tanks and then need to go to the main tank? Wash your hands? Just rinse in tap?
I was with soap twice up to my elbows and wait until my arms are completely dry. Ideally I did one in the morning and the other at night.
 
Just FYI, it really impacted me too. Made me completely rethink my approach. Unfortunately, I didn't go to 100% QT, and put a fish in from a well-known store that QT's their incoming fish (at least they say they do and have proof in the back), BUT didn't QT that fish and got velvet. Now, re-reading your article, I'm 100% QT, of all creatures, corals, etc. Not worth it to see fish die... Thanks Mr. Ford!
So glad it helped. Thank you for letting me know. It's all I can do to help rectify old errors and horrible behavior.
 
I was with soap twice up to my elbows and wait until my arms are completely dry. Ideally I did one in the morning and the other at night.
Yup this
 
WOw, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. It's appreciated.
Of course man, we've all been there. I was about done when velvet took out all of my fish but three, and two of them were damsels I don't really like anyway. :mad: That was two months ago.
Now that the tank has been fallow and I can focus on the coral, feeding them. keeping everything balanced, there is no algae, pods all over like they own the place, corals have never looked better. It has actually been a good experience for me and taught me a huge lesson. It's helped me get reinvigorated about reefing again. You will feel the same way in a few days, and it'll just get better from here, you are breaking the cycle my friend! I've actually been thinking about a new tank build with no fisheroos, just corals...
 
My tusk is still hanging on, but is breathing rapidly and hard. He has been since I put him in QT. I gave him a freshwater dip last night, and now I see his one eye is completely cloudy and looks like the outer "layer" is actually peeling.
 
I have rally, how much do I do in a gallon of water?

Anywhere from 2/3 - 1 teaspoon per gallon is fine. However, Rally is meant to be used as a 90 min bath treatment and the fish is then transferred into a new "sterile" QT to shield from reinfection.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top