To add cuc or not to add cuc

They say api are not very good I don't know I use red sea but if you have ammonia you should have nitrite.
 
Hmm..unless I don't have the bacteria...I'll be picking some up today
 
Let me know how it goes
OK, ammonia still says 8+ even with the bacteria in it since around 4. I think I'm going to do a water change tonight or tomorrow so I can get it down so not as hard or long.
 
Water change should help bring ammonia down, but if it's above 8, it could be 16 and you'd never know it. Change 50% of your water, and it'd still be at 8! I had a similar level of ammonia ... for a week or so - and then it dropped to zero overnight. Same with nitrite - deep purple test tubes for a couple of weeks, then one night it showed up as blue for just a moment. The next night, nitrated tested zero, and hasn't looked back. (Still working on nitrates, though . . . )

~Bruce
 
Still at 4. It's been a few days now. How long should I wait for the ammonia to go down?
 
Well, after like 5 water changes I have what looks like 4 PPT of ammonia. What I don't get is why I have no nitrites. If bacteria is eating ammonia, it should be converted to nitrites which I still have zero. Why isn't my ammonia coming down and why isn't my nitrites going up? It's been over two weeks
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top