Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Full frontal
image.jpg
Shelly and I are very excited for you on the find! I showed her the picks and the first thing she said was your nem would look very nice in there! :D
 
Questions to ask
- how long has it been sitting dry?
- how old is it?
- who made it?

Things to check
- Silicone around all the edges (use fingernail to see if it has separates from glass)
- Use a HIGH POWERED flashlight at all the edges to see if light has leaked through
- If it comes with no equipment, it's a good opportunity to get the equipment added in for cheap

Before you set it up
- Further inspection at home
- Leak Test for a day or two (or three)
- JUMP SCREEN (yes, you need one. Yes it's easy to make. Yes even with a rimless.)

Things I will make you buy
- A good, cheap light (SBReef Lights is what @saltyfilmfolks is referencing with his pictures)
- A few good powerheads
- A good skimmer
Looks like 2 Ai sols or hydras in there now.
(That’s clam on the sand power)
 
Do y'all think I could do 45lbs of rock in that tank? I have 30+ now
to start with yes. But eventually you should prob add a little more dry rock after they get cleaned out a bit.
 
X425. It’s about 2x4
just a tip tho, before you add the tang. just make sure you watch it for atleast a month at your lfs before purchasing. unless you have a qt tank.
 
My LFS had a really nice Scopas that I may have to grab. My tank is little small for her so I would have to give her up
That's the hardest thing to do is give up live stock
 
I have always done 1lb per gallon, I have been reading now the school of thought is .5 per gallon.
Well I'm a shade over 1lbs per gallon in the 75 and about .7 in the 55g
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top