Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Questions to ask
- how long has it been sitting dry?
- how old is it?
- who made it?

Things to check
- Silicone around all the edges (use fingernail to see if it has separates from glass)
- Use a HIGH POWERED flashlight at all the edges to see if light has leaked through
- If it comes with no equipment, it's a good opportunity to get the equipment added in for cheap

Before you set it up
- Further inspection at home
- Leak Test for a day or two (or three)
- JUMP SCREEN (yes, you need one. Yes it's easy to make. Yes even with a rimless.)

Things I will make you buy
- A good, cheap light (SBReef Lights is what @saltyfilmfolks is referencing with his pictures)
- A few good powerheads
- A good skimmer
 
Hello! Just checking in. I am a gazillion posts behind on this thread and have no idea what is being talked about. Being a new puppy dad is tough on an old guy. :-) I take it you are getting another tank? Awesome!
 
WAit. what? I was going to ask if you were on xbox. please tell me this isnt what you mean by youll be on tonight.
My son is on right now. Baconnater man is my son
1549066889198254497104269226320.jpg
 
Hello! Just checking in. I am a gazillion posts behind on this thread and have no idea what is being talked about. Being a new puppy dad is tough on an old guy. :) I take it you are getting another tank? Awesome!
I'm glad she is keeping you busy! :) I'm sure you can still take her back to the breeder unless you've already spoiled her...LOL
 
Hello! Just checking in. I am a gazillion posts behind on this thread and have no idea what is being talked about. Being a new puppy dad is tough on an old guy. :) I take it you are getting another tank? Awesome!
Pics please.
 
That would probably do awesome for Phyto culturing, or lighting a shelf of T containers!


1bd870df8c5680169ebcbf73ed2db2ff.jpg


And before you say anything... YES. That will be one of my walls again, someday... I miss my furry spiders.

This time I will keep true spiders also... I want a Sicarius!

Six-Eyed-Sand-Spider-Burying-Herself.gif
That's so cool
 
serious for what? lol. no need. As long as @Crabby48 doesnt put my tang in his pocket... lol

My LFS had a really nice Scopas that I may have to grab. My tank is little small for her so I would have to give her up
 
My LFS had a really nice Scopas that I may have to grab. My tank is little small for her so I would have to give her up
which tank you got again? the 4 series?
 
I'm glad she is keeping you busy! :) I'm sure you can still take her back to the breeder unless you've already spoiled her...LOL
No, we are in for the long haul. We can’t believe that we had two of these Husky puppies at once 12 years ago. We were
much younger then though. :-)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top