FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

The fish!

regalangel (1 of 1).jpg


scriblledangel (1 of 1) (1).jpg


blondanasotang (1 of 1).jpg


Majesticangel2 (1 of 1).jpg


flamewrasse (1 of 1).jpg

LOL, you have fish?
:)
And beautiful fish at that!!!
 
LOL, you have fish?
:)
And beautiful fish at that!!!
Shhhh... The coral people will get upset! Don't tell anyone... I make the fish hide when I take coral shots usually.
 
You might just need a bigger tank if you keep growing colonies like that! :cool:
Easier solution... Export! Who wants insta-colonies of meteor shower cyphastrea! Wheee! [emoji16]
 
Came time to finally remove my giant cyphastrea rock that has been in my system for 6+ years and in 3 different systems.

Here it is back in 2013 and 2014 in my old 125 gallon... Two systems ago. Yes, I did at one time enjoy my zoas. [emoji16]
333b992c95536386a0d28d00c928b0b9.jpg

71d0c4f5385e49213a9d3c8bee269880.jpg


It has completely covered both sides of this massive rock and was a home to my Midas blenny.

Lately it has just looked out of place in a predominantly acro tank and I made the decision to finally pull it. It is currently in my frag tank until I have time to take a saw, hammer, and chisel to the thing and pass it along to my fellow reefers.

Before:
4d260f99d1ca8767f05daddf11e514d5.jpg


The carnage in the middle:
490e459df83df5a2226cb9aa3b881cce.jpg

c08e3acadd9daef4b3c7cec819825486.jpg

cbeaeedbdcd6251d87464f3e66cb133c.jpg


After:
8e6555a0310ace404fc50c443b0b8c45.jpg


FTS After:
So much better now that there is an open chasm and not a giant cyphastrea rock just jutting out of nowhere.
3232e2a96598d91a815ee2dd577a2719.jpg
 
I guess it would make more sense if I mentioned why there was so much carnage in the middle. Everyone was probably thinking... Uhhh... You just picked up a giant rock and removed it... How did all the corals get slimey and why is it so cloudy in the tank?

I took this opportunity to remove my Colorado Sunburst split, which was attached to a rock at the bottom of the tank. So I removed 6 rocks and then picked up the bottom rock and removed the anemone. Then replaced everything and bolstered the right side of the left rock scape now that the cyphastrea rock was gone. I reglued my Slimer to the middle of the scape and moved my Vivid Aquariums Rainbow Delight colony since it was coloring up nicely lately and getting horribly shaded by my unnamed pink mille growing gangbusters to the right of it.
 
Removing the giant cyphastrea rock was just the first phase on my transformation of the tank. There are some colonies that I will be looking to move into the frag tank or move along entirely and some frags/mini colonies I'm looking to put in the display.

I've circled in RED colonies/frags that'll be leaving the display.

I've circled in HOT PINK the ones that will be moved to another location but staying in the display.

I've circled in ORANGE the ones I'm a bit undecided on still. They may stay a bit longer to fill space but once more frags are ready to be added to the display, they may get booted.

7b44815f61cdb1404ced57a2d718a5ff.jpg
d29651d3e7366552ec6e7469f61de00e.jpg
 
My poor Midas Blenny doesn't know what to do now that I took his cyphastrea rock away with his little cave in it.
384ecee4c36fc72745b51d3defbd4352.jpg

LOL. Poor fellow. He will figure it out. Such a great fish. My kids love the eel like movement ours exhibits.

 
LOL. Poor fellow. He will figure it out. Such a great fish. My kids love the eel like movement ours exhibits.

Yeah, every tank I'll ever have will have a midas in it. Such a great fish!

He found 3 other holes today already... I think he'll be fine. [emoji16]
 
I always love coming into this thread to see your amazing stuff. I am not a stick guy (mostly because I dont have the skills needed to get them looking that awesome) but dang its hard to argue with a tank that looks like this!!

What did you end up doing with your CSB split? did you move it into the frag tank?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top