SAY WHAT?????? HOW MUCH I$ YOUR WHOLE SETUP WORTH?

My 16 is used. I only have 3 fish. My 5$ damsel and I told my wife she could have clowns. So she picks out premium frostbite clowns for 120$. But they have blue spots and glow a light blue under the lights so they’re worth it.
You add the word “designer” in front of clownfish and it changes everything. Lol :D
 
Hey @Glenner’sreef , I think your wife has hacked your account :D

or was it mine? Pssst
Funny!!!! :p Actually, she thinks my $9000 setup was to start my own “Fish-n-Chips restaurant once my 4 scooter blennies each were each a foot long!!!;) Lol
 
Depends who you ask , if you ask my better half she thinks around 2k ....
Don't ask me , i lost count...
R2R brings out such honesty in people. Thanks Jack for being so transparent. ;Joyful
 
Somewhere north of $5,000 for my 25 gallon AIO. I have a decent amount of automation built in and I've had a fair amount of issues like Bryopsis, cyano, etc. So I'd say at least $1,000 to additives and testing alone.

Ultimately I invested a lot up front so that when I upgrade in like 4 years, I can keep all of my equipment and literally just need a better light and more sand/rock.

Also, I should note that I have a years supply of testing reagents, RODI filters, filter media (carbon, GFO), additives, and food on hand
 
Somewhere north of $5,000 for my 25 gallon AIO. I have a decent amount of automation built in and I've had a fair amount of issues like Bryopsis, cyano, etc. So I'd say at least $1,000 to additives and testing alone.

Ultimately I invested a lot up front so that when I upgrade in like 4 years, I can keep all of my equipment and literally just need a better light and more sand/rock.

Also, I should note that I have a years supply of testing reagents, RODI filters, filter media (carbon, GFO), additives, and food on hand
It’s a process!!! But sounds like you got a solid plan. Been there! Thx.
 
nail biting.gif

go past this part.gif

good night.gif
 
Way too dang much; but, to be fair, if it wasn't enjoyable I wouldn't be spending my money on it. So, does it really matter in the end? About $6k in total and that's just a small RSR170. Good thing is that the majority of my stuff will easily scale to a larger tank up to about 120g, which is the plan.
 
Way too dang much; but, to be fair, if it wasn't enjoyable I wouldn't be spending my money on it. So, does it really matter in the end? About $6k in total and that's just a small RSR170. Good thing is that the majority of my stuff will easily scale to a larger tank up to about 120g, which is the plan.
“Scaling to the larger tank” that’s where my money ends up!!! Enjoyable and cool!
 
125gallons , only sump second hand, everything else new but mainly DIY....1500€, except livestock. Yes you can do it cheap

IMG_20201203_132813.jpg IMG_20201203_180104.jpg IMG_20201203_175818.jpg
 
I have always gone with the thought of $100 per gallon. New equipment, rock, sand, corals and fish. If you go used… less but even then I find something that still pushes my initial $100/gallon.
 
Reefing....

A tank of water you throw money into, and never get it back.

I'm probably north of 50K for the amount of time I've been in the hobby. Current tank is probably around 8k with everything. It's hard to quantify the amount of money my colonies are, seeing as they were tiny 1" frags for a couple hundred when I bought them.
 
To me it doesn’t matter probably 10k in the last 16 years between 4 tanks. Current tank 210g probably 2k invested worth much more though. The wife only likes fish and not corals so I have to be selective on my fish choices.
 
my 180 that I am still working on we had to start buy putting 2k in to the floor the stand I built for around 300 the tank 1800 rock and sand 500 the sump 2000 lights just under 3000 the money I put in the tank I don't care about its the money I lost over the years on smaller tank I put that I will never get back I bet it has to be around 5000 or more
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top