Where do you dump your dirty water change water?

If using my Python, the water goes down the drain...otherwise if using a vacuum to remove into a 5g bucket, then it goes into the toilet.

I'm interested...what kind of vacuum do you use with salt water?
 
Tub. I shower after doing water changes anyway, so that keeps everything clean without any extra work or water.
 
I've always wanted to have a few coconut trees in the yard for that purpose, but still haven't done it yet. Still dumping it in the driveway for now.
 
I used to haul it to the curbside and let it evaporate in the sun or kill the weeds in the cracks along the roadside.

Now I just dump it down the sink. Much less work.
 
I used to haul it to the curbside and let it evaporate in the sun or kill the weeds in the cracks along the roadside.

Now I just dump it down the sink. Much less work.

Lol. As long as you didnt watch it evaporate:p It's kinda crazy how many not down the drain replies there are.
 
I drain my 25-30 gallon water changes in to a large Brute on wheels and roll it to the nearest window. I use my old return pump (and current back up) to pump it out the window via a dedicated water hose to the woods behind my house. Hasn't hurt anything in the woods. Roll the hose up I'm done.


At my previous house I put it down the drain (septic tank) and never had any problems in the 5 years I did that.
 
Toilet here too. Dont dump saltwater into a septic system or you will have issues in the future.
Unless it’s a huge tank the amount of saltwater that goes down is minuscule compared to the number of gallons of water entering it every day.
 
To those that dump it in the yard, does your grass continue to grow? I ask as I did this a while back when I was in a rush (tank is by the front door) and a small Bush doesnt seem to be doing good. Wasnt sure if it was tied to this or not and were tearing the Bush out next year and planting something else in its place, but curious.
I always pour it out in my yard (Texas Bermuda grass) and haven’t ever seen any growth issues.
 
Mine goes in a bucket then down the toilet out the the sewer. In the new sump setup I have a sump pit i made in the basement with an ejector pump to the main house sewer line. I got a marine grade ejector made for boats and is made with plastic internals, hoping the pump will hold up to the salt water.
 
I ran 1" pipe through the wall under my tank, buried the piping to around the house to drain onto the gravel on the side of the house.
Attached to the 1" pvc stub under the tank is a 3/4" nylon hose coiled up that I use to do water changes with. Use an old mag drive to pump water out.
 
Mine goes into the house waste line. Plumbed from sump to house.
93f439e0f089d25780b8fe65ffb10a12.jpg
 
we are on septic so I pump out the 40 gallon water change water into the woods. kills all the brush we don't want and poison ivy :D
 
I dump my water over my front deck into my yard. I have bushes that I don't want to grow that I hope it helps kill that are chopped down to nothing. I have noticed that my grass in that area has gotten better. All of the junk or 'crab' grass is gone and the regular grass looks like it is always mowed but not muddy.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top