My hammers wont open all the way!!!

@joshkirkland83 They do not have a refractometer sadley. Here are the test results

Nitrate: 20

Nitrites: 0

Ammonia: 0

pH: 7.4
 
They told me to get kent marine pro buffer dKH. Its the liquid form. Do I need to get it?
 
Ok how big of a water change? Should 4 gallons be enough? Thats all I can carry home with me lol
 
I buy distilled water. I can do 8, ill just make two trips. Anything for my tank haha
 
Im waiting to get the water now so I dont have to walk back. Can I use distilled water or do I need a different kind? @joshkirkland83
 
I'm having the same issue with my green hammer. I did a 10% water change, reduced flow and light intensity. Though I also test with API and hydrometer, readings have been consistent. My other LPS (purple hammer, frog spawn, and toad stool) all look fantastic. I typically do a 10% WC every two weeks but will do one each week for a while. I use Reef Crystals. If I see positive results, I will share.
 
@Mike628 what brand of distilled water are you using? Some bottled water may have non beneficial elements. You might be able to Google what is in whichever one your using. If your also using it to top off, then those certain elements could accumulate in your tank over time as they will not leave through evaporation. Poland spring is the only one I would trust.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top